Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mysterious trunk(s) opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure where this post should go. On two occasions I have had the two trunks opened while the car was parked. I'm guessing that it is possible that I hit the screen on the app accidentally when the phone was not on the lock screen, but was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. Thanks for any insights.

Hi,

Do you have any additional software on board? Particularly 3rd party software. Delete it and reinstall if you do.
Ensure that you have physically locked the trunk. I used to leave the trunk open by accident when I first purchased the car and would literally need to slam it shut. A friend of mine uses the Frunk because of this. It's a known issue. I almost called Service to come out and fix it until I perused the boards and discovered it was a "feature :). "

I had it happen a couple of times from the "Stats" app loaded on the iOS shortcut page. The problem was that if you accidentally touch the frunk button, no confirmation window would pop up and the frunk would open. I deleted the "Stats" app shortcut from the iOS front page.

These are shortcuts on the Android notification when the car is connected ... Maybe you buttdialled them?

I'm guessing that is probably what happened. The second time it happened, my wife had driven to a meeting. When she started home, at first she couldn't shift into drive, but eventually it let her drive at a slow speed. She tried to shut the Frunk, but didn't use the right proceedure and just gave up and limped home.