TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mystery cars in GF3, Prototypes?

Discussion in 'Future Vehicles' started by EV Promoter, Dec 9, 2019.

1. EV Promoter

EV Promoter Member

#1 EV Promoter, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    From the 5th dec 2019 video:

This is surprising me, tell me your thoughts.
    The white-silverish cars line. For sure used for testing, perhaps some for crash tests.
    They doesn't look to me as all M3 or MY, but i can be wrong.

I see, starting from the upper white car,
    - 4 cars rounded aft window and a bulky rear.
    -Then follows what seems a bit crushed M3.

Then follows 3 cars:
    - a silverish model exactly similar to the first 4.
    - a white model with a sloping rear and a sort of bi-tone bumper (or just a big black plate), that looks like a M3 Coupè
    - a black MY/3 for testing.

For sure the last 3 cars are not the same car.

tesla proto 2.jpg

• Informative x 1
  2. EV Promoter

EV Promoter Member

3. Candleflame

Candleflame Active Member

could it be a V3 Model S or possible a long chassis Model 3 (for the chinese market)? Looks like they use the Model 3 snut but have a much longer body like the S has. Tbh for a long chassis Model 3 the roof does not look right, it looks more like an S.

I wonder if they have to change the ICE looking snut of the S to the more EV looking snut on the 3 to increase interior size of the S as currently they are too similar.

4. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Active Member

I’ll guess that the entire middle (white,black ) row are test/crash vehicles.