TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mystery "gray" charger on nav map

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by kirkbauer, Dec 1, 2015.

1. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

On my nav map I see superchargers (red spots) and destination chargers (gray spots). I also see gray spots at a local service center and at my home address.

But I also see a random gray spot about 1 mile from my house which appears to be another residence. The other destination chargers show info but this one only shows the address (just like the one at my house). I'm wondering if my MS had my GPS coordinates off when I plugged in and memorized what it thinks is a new charger option? If so how do I delete it?

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Don't tell your wife about that one time you had to "charge" at your neighbor's house.

But seriously, it's just the places where you've plugged in.

You can delete it by hitting places, chargers, edit and hit the X next to your neighbor's house.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

This. Just delete the entry from the Visited Chargers tab.

4. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

I have at least 15 of those mysterious charging locations. One extra about a quarter mile from the service center and 14 within a quarter mile radius of my house. The car apparently gets confused every so often about where it is actually sitting while charging. When the edit function first was added to the firmware, I deleted the dozen or so extra charging locations near my house, but over time they all came back, I decided not to worry about it since I am unlikely to go to the wrong house for a charge. Would be more of an issue if these mystery locations were out of town somewhere and I tried to use them to navigate to a charging location.

5. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

The GPS is a little off sometimes, and makes these phantom entries.

(Another, unrelated way to notice that the GPS isn't quite 100% accurate is the auto raising of suspension -- I have mine set to raise before entering my driveway but it doesn't always raise at the same spot as I approach)

6. kort677

kort677 Active Member

the car notes every place that you've plugged in and it is represented by one of those grey icons

7. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

I've got those too, I assume it was a time when I plugged in at home but the GPS system was confused as to where I was and it dropped the pin where it thought I was. Just delete them if they bother you.

8. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

I've found that these "strays" come more often when the car wakes up in the garage to start charging. I assume that the GPS fix is bad on these "cold" starts, inside.

Also, the rate of strays appearing has gone down with newer versions.

9. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

Thanks everybody, I had never even noticed the "Visited Chargers" tab :)

10. Steve S

Steve S Member

Good info, thanks for sharing. I haven't seen the visited chargers tab either!

11. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

If you have a TOU rate and your car often mistaken its location while at home, you should probably be aware that your at-home charge schedule will only work when it thinks it's at home. Might cause unwanted charges immediately after you plug-in.