Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mystery Model S in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
Spotted heading West.

It would be interesting to hear more about this trip and it's feasibility to complete it in a reasonable time frame.
it may not be that difficult as there are major dinosaur fuel stops every few hundred k's which I would imagaine would
have 3phase power available and with a bit of planning I think it would be do-able, leave Ceduna fully charged then plug in
for 3-4 hours over lunch and a look around then drive another 2-300ks for an over night charge.
Maybe something to plot in Evplanner!
although they may have a portable generator to run while they have a break!

Promo photo?

could eventually end up as one.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like that photo but the car is suspiciously dust free. Also given the rank nature of the water out there, you'd probably want to use bottled water for a pre photo wash :)

Good point, then again with all that charging downtime there's plenty of time to give it a clean.

Any chance of a map of where you started and finished, for those non-Aussies. Thanks for sharing the road trip.

Not my trip Miggy, but I'm sure the driver concerned will release some information when they have recovered, I will say it was a beautiful sight seeing that mighty Model S glide down Greenmount hill into one of the most isolated cities on the planet, I was half expecting a pair of bulldozers to be parked on the highway as in the 1971 movie Vanishing point but not by the police but by the oil companies trying to stave off the enevitable.

Come on, give us a hint!

Is it a motoring journalist?

Are you part of the crew, or is someone sending you the pics directly?

Are you finding the pics in a semi public location?

We must know :)

Hi Chuq, the driver is just a Tesla buying citizen who decided to make his purchase a bit more adventurous by driving it home.....4000kms+ using the very limited charging resources available between Adelaide and Perth! His patience and final achievement is amazing and I think it's fitting he tells the story when he's had a few days rest. i could have posted the plate but it's more fun when a member of the public spots it in the wild and it finds its way on to LGGDs spotting thread.