Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mystery of Self Rolling Down Passenger Windows Solved (?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So maybe mystery solved? After weeks of observation I noticed that it happened when exiting the vehicle. The motion that did it was open door; swing feet to the left; facing towards the rear to exit and then *pushing down on the armrest with my _right_ hand to help myself stand.* The heel of my right hand grazed the window controls depressing them slightly. I also wonder if this action of putting weight on the armrest my sometimes slightly deform the switch assembly causing a roll down. On other cars you would have turned the car off and the windows are non-responsive. Perhaps the windows controls should be disabled when the car is off?

Do the windows still auto up and down as designed? If not, they need to be recalibrated with a laptop.

If seen some windows do a long drop when you open it. That's the sign of a bad window regulator.

Mobile can repair this.

I am currently going through this. Not exactly like OP, but every time the front passenger door opens, the window rolls all the way down. SO Mobile Service came out and switched regulator and other switch components. Did not solve the issue. He has now escalated it for further evaluation. In the mean time I have to deal with it.... PITA!!