Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mystery of the disappearing VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VT_EE

Apr 22, 2017
Earth
I had a VIN number (~31000) assigned a week ago with a delivery set for the Rockville, MD SC tomorrow. Received a call yesterday stating my pearl white, RWD, 18" Aero Model 3 had not arrived yet so they wanted to push delivery out 1-week. The new delivery date is Aug 8th. I also asked where the car was coming from, and the gentleman stated a staging lot near Birmingham, AL. Today, I checked the My Tesla account website to find my VIN number had disappeared. I no longer have any VIN listed, although I still have a delivery scheduled on the 8th. Not sure what is going on. Has anybody else experienced this?

My account never had a VIN listed yet I'm scheduled for delivery next Monday. My ISA had to provide me the VIN over email lol. What's weird is the delivery schedule info only appears on their mobile site not on desktop so I'm hoping there isn't any issues or delays considering I took off work next Monday.

My account never had a VIN listed yet I'm scheduled for delivery next Monday. My ISA had to provide me the VIN over email lol. What's weird is the delivery schedule info only appears on their mobile site not on desktop so I'm hoping there isn't any issues or delays considering I took off work next Monday.
I just checked the mobile site and the VIN is gone from there too. I'm not upset and don't mind waiting. It is sort of entertaining watching this play out. In the mean time, my garage overhaul is progressing :)