Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mystery Text

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 Model 3 long range. I get random repeat text which have at one time come thru my phone and keep coming up in my car. The messages don't come thru my phone but keep appearing in the car. Anyone else had this issue?

I get the weird texts that show up too. Found these are very old texts that are already read that are displayed. Strange that it happens and so randomly. Sometimes get 1 every few weeks and sometimes get 2 different ones back to back and then nothing for weeks.
That's exactly my issue. Has Tesla reviewed this issue that you know of? Where do you report problems to Tesla?

Upvote 0
I never said they would do anything about it. But that is where you report problems to Tesla.

There isn’t a secret back-door line to the dev team.
It’s unlikely that Service reports issues like that back to Tesla. I don’t think that communication channel exists even for Service. Most likely they’ll respond and say it’s a firmware issue, whether or not they actually know that. I’m not trying to criticize anyone in Service, but I just don’t think that’s within their scope of responsibility, because Tesla hasn’t enabled them to handle things like that.

The “official” channel to report bugs to Tesla is the “report bug” voice command, but that doesn’t send anything to Tesla.

Upvote 0
This has been a nonstop annoying issue. It happens pretty much every single time I get a text. It tells me I got multiple texts and always includes random old texts so I never actually know who is texting me. It's extremely annoying! I've even updated my phone and it's still pulling these old text messages from years ago from random people I don't even talk to anymore. Has anyone found a fix for this? I've just been dealing with it but it would be great to make it stop.

Upvote 0
this is a bug with Android. Google has a huge thread about it. Happens to many Tesla owners and other brands as well.

One person in this massive thread of replies said that the issue stopped if you reset your phone and do NOT restore your SMS. That's not an option for lots of people, but when I got a new phone this fall I decided to not restore my SMS and sure enough it no longer happens to me. Take that for what you will.

Not a Tesla issue though so don't expect them to fix it.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
Upvote 0