Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mystery traction control activation on dry road.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else ever had this happen?

I was waiting for a gap in oncoming traffic to turn left at an intersection today. When it opened up, I hit the accelerator and the car felt very sluggish; it barely cleared the intersection before approaching cars were too close. I gave it more foot, nothing happened, so I looked down to see what the failure was. The little yellow "car sliding" icon was flashing, which I assume is traction control.

Of course, this was in Scottsdale, AZ and the road is as dry as a bone.

Wondering if it's just an occasional thing that other people see or if it's a big deal.

I don't have my S yet to say about experiencing this, but I've run into it a few times in my 4Runner. In those cases, it always appeared to be an oil slick or something from a rustbucket that got on my wheel and caused the traction control to keep sensing that tire slipping.

Unexpected traction quqon throw aqctqivaqtion on dry road qqq

Yesterday, driving at about 50 mph on completely dry ( no sand ) road ny Tesla's traction control activated for about ten seconds and pretty much lost power. Contacted support and they told me they would investigate and get back. I asked if it had happened to anybody else and they responded that to there knowledge it had not. Inaccurate response after reading this blog. Has it happened again or did you have the car serviced for this?

Has anyone else ever had this happen?

I was waiting for a gap in oncoming traffic to turn left at an intersection today. When it opened up, I hit the accelerator and the car felt very sluggish; it barely cleared the intersection before approaching cars were too close. I gave it more foot, nothing happened, so I looked down to see what the failure was. The little yellow "car sliding" icon was flashing, which I assume is traction control.

Of course, this was in Scottsdale, AZ and the road is as dry as a bone.

Wondering if it's just an occasional thing that other people see or if it's a big deal.