Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mystery vehicles showing up in nearby vehicles display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday while backing my Model 3 into the garage, I noticed a semi truck approaching on the right. Yup. A semi truck coming from out of the back of my garage. Hmmm.

A second time, there was a motorcycle approaching from the left. Being the courteous driver that I am, I let them pass before proceeding.

I don't know how these mystery vehicles got into my garage. I think it has something to do with the latest software update, because it's never happened before yesterday.

Also, it's impossible to contact Tesla customer service on their website. I keep getting error messages.

proximity.jpg

Yes, I saw a pickup in the display while parking in the garage. In reality, the garage wall was what was there.

Too bad these mysterious tractor trailers, motorcycles, and pickups magically appearing in your garage aren't real enough to be sold for good money.

Also, it's impossible to contact Tesla customer service on their website. I keep getting error messages.
I've gotten responses when emailing [email protected]. However, the responses have always been "someone will contact you" but they never do,

or

"To best assist you, please reach out to your local Sales and Delivery team by searching your location at Find Us | Tesla, or by phone at 888-518-3752."

When I call that number and go through the phone menu, no one answers and the voicemail mailbox is full.

Yup, looks like this might be some regression with a recent update:

Gotta say, it is rather disconcerting to see such behavior in shipped software when FSD is still continuously promised to be right around the corner. How are you supposed to have any confidence in a system with no redundancies that can easily imagine a semi and 3 other vehicles inside a garage?

• Funny
Reactions: E90alex and KenC
Seems to me that vision only isn't working. More sensors is a better thing. But it seems like lately the updates keep causing more issues.

Hey Elon, at this rate FSD won't even be feature complete by the end of this year. But every year you go ahead keep saying it will, at some point down the road you will be right. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: E90alex
I don't necessarily have an issue with these aberrations inside garages and drive-thrus, as long as it's accurate in actual driving situations, which I feel it is. About the only time I have an issue there is that sometimes the car will think that a large truck or bus in the next lane over is actually in my lane and takes evasive action (usually a hard brake) or refuses to pass. Other than that, it seems pretty accurate on the road.

About the only time I have an issue there is that sometimes the car will think that a large truck or bus in the next lane over is actually in my lane and takes evasive action (usually a hard brake) or refuses to pass. Other than that, it seems pretty accurate on the road.
I get more hard braking now since they turned off my radar, especially when a vehicle is merging via an on ramp. I get a lot more phantom braking too. So much for Elon claiming that the radar was the reason for phantom braking.