Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mytesla page updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's the little things...

And regarding the wheels, I'm guessing those will be the optional "Premium wheels" since they're aerodynamically designed similar to the Turbines.
Yes, we pretty much all agree that these are the premium upgrade wheels.

However, I wonder about the claims of aerodynamics. If you look the pics, the same wheel is used on both sides of the car. This causes the flat side of the "vanes" to paddle into the wind on the right side of the car. How can that be aerodynamic?

One of the pics, the gloss black side view, goes against this though. I suspect that pic was actually of the left side of the car, and the image is reversed. BTW, have we seen that gloss black car anywhere else?

However, I wonder about the claims of aerodynamics. If you look the pics, the same wheel is used on both sides of the car. This causes the flat side of the "vanes" to paddle into the wind on the right side of the car. How can that be aerodynamic?

One of the pics, the gloss black side view, goes against this though. I suspect that pic was actually of the left side of the car, and the image is reversed. BTW, have we seen that gloss black car anywhere else?

You know what, I take that back. I did some Googling on the Google machine, and I was mistaken. Turbine wheels are not marketed as aero wheels or function anything more than brake cooling (which should be a wheel's function anyhow). For some reason, my brain glitched. Forgive me. Haha

The one people have been spotting in the wild also doesn't have the wheels mirrored. Very strange!?

The black car is just a rendering. Only known prototypes are silver, matte black, and the red one. Other than the reveal, I don't think the red one has made any other appearances, only the silver and matte black have been seen "in the wild".

• Informative
Reactions: TEG
Those are the real wheels (not CG). Here is from one of the MT pics. I think the spaces between the V spokes are large enough for lug nuts, and they are under the 5-spoke cap.
View attachment 177380

I didn't notice that the centre hub was big enough to take lugs; thanks for the picture! I guess that is the genius of that design; it makes the hub almost disappear.

• Love
Reactions: alseTrick
@McHoffa - nice find! this shade of blue is amazing! i also see red calipers (for Performance models and/or as an option maybe?).

I spoke with one of the reps in the service center and he told me that the ones being driven around has the optional 20' wheels. I think we'll have 18' - 20' to choose from. time will tell.

I'm sure the lugs are hidden under a cover or since this is just a rendering, they missed that detail. No way a mainstream car is going to have centerlock wheels.
Red car at the reveal had center locks.

tesla-model-3-4-of-12.jpg

tesla-model-3-5-of-12.jpg