Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mytesla page updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tire Type/brand
I have been a fan of Michelin tires- served me well on Saab, Explorer, Sequoia. Looks like I can ask for Michelin on my MS60 order. If I don't specify, what would I get? and are there worthy tires that don't have a Michelin emblem?
I believe I saw an article that said Hancock had been contracted as the tire supplier for the Model 3.

I believe I saw an article that said Hancock had been contracted as the tire supplier for the Model 3.
yes, I saw that Hancock announcement . Having had a bad experience with Kelly tires (30 years ago), and Pirellis tires, and never having issues with Michelin...I don't know how to react to the tires picked by Tesla. With different tire sizes, rotation habits change. Different brands take away my "reliable" comfort zone. New size ratios, traction, speed rating.....all these new things. I'm hoping for some discussion about how good of a selection did Tesla make? Should I ask for Michelins to be installed on a M60. Should I swap out tires upon arrival of my M3. Should I ...just trust?

[should this be a new thread? I don't know how to make that happen]

yes, I saw that Hancock announcement . Having had a bad experience with Kelly tires (30 years ago), and Pirellis tires, and never having issues with Michelin...I don't know how to react to the tires picked by Tesla. With different tire sizes, rotation habits change. Different brands take away my "reliable" comfort zone. New size ratios, traction, speed rating.....all these new things. I'm hoping for some discussion about how good of a selection did Tesla make? Should I ask for Michelins to be installed on a M60. Should I swap out tires upon arrival of my M3. Should I ...just trust?

[should this be a new thread? I don't know how to make that happen]

What choice do you have? They picked hancock.

Change them out when you get them if you don't like them.

Does any other Car manufacturer allow a customer to choose their tire brand?

What choice do you have? They picked hancock.

Change them out when you get them if you don't like them.

Does any other Car manufacturer allow a customer to choose their tire brand?
I THINK there is an opportunity to ask for specific brand tires when I place my MS60 order. I ASSUME I will have the same choice on the M3. I'm not sure that I SHOULD make a choice. Perhaps the mfg choice is based on better data than my personal experiences. Not sure if I should go-along, or voice opinion loudly.

I THINK there is an opportunity to ask for specific brand tires when I place my MS60 order. I ASSUME I will have the same choice on the M3. I'm not sure that I SHOULD make a choice. Perhaps the mfg choice is based on better data than my personal experiences. Not sure if I should go-along, or voice opinion loudly.
I vote go along. Not to be mean but they probably don't care about your opinion no matter how loud it is. Not unless somehow multiple opinions are the same. Either change em out yourself or just go with it.

Of course can deliver their cars with their standard tyres, whether it is Hankook or another brand. And of course, they will deliver the tyres with a different brand, if the customer wants so. They was confirmed during my testdrive of a Model S a couple of weeks ago. BTW, Hankook tyres score within the top 5 brands in a number of tests as carried out by the German ADAC, so it'' s not not an unknown B brand anymore.

Does any one know the actual size of the 220 line that I need to install in my garage? My electrical box is full and I may need to do a full upgrade. My electrician may be able to do a piggy back if not to big. I want a full charge overnight
Home charging installation.
Leaked info says the Model 3 will have an onboard 48A charger, so no need to install much more than a 50A circuit (unless planning to daisy chain multiple WCs together to charge more than one).

Does any one know the actual size of the 220 line that I need to install in my garage? My electrical box is full and I may need to do a full upgrade. My electrician may be able to do a piggy back if not to big. I want a full charge overnight

Mike, You posted the same thing in 2 different threads on the Tesla forum yesterday. Lot of people, including me, answered you. Call or email Tesla's home charging team. The info is on Tesla's website.

Your post from yesterday:
Battery | Tesla

Tesla home charging:
Home charging installation

Tesla's home charging team email:
[email protected]

I installed a 50 amp breaker and wired in a 14-50 so I could charge fast. Then a smart fellow reminded me that I don't need to fill fast - I can pull 20 amps down the line and take all night to fill - and not stress all that equipment. I CAN fill fast, but I have all night - so why stress? I am glad I did NOT invest in the 100 amp option.

I installed a 50 amp breaker and wired in a 14-50 so I could charge fast. Then a smart fellow reminded me that I don't need to fill fast - I can pull 20 amps down the line and take all night to fill - and not stress all that equipment. I CAN fill fast, but I have all night - so why stress? I am glad I did NOT invest in the 100 amp option.

What is the stress on the equipment? Is something going to break or wear out any earlier?

What is the stress on the equipment? Is something going to break or wear out any earlier?

No stress at all. There is no issue charging at any rate up to the chargers rated capacity. A 50 amp breaker on a Nema 14-50 with 6/3awg wire will charge at 40 amps (32 amps in Canada, seriously....). Well below the chargers rated capacity and the capacity of the wire and outlet.

Leaked info says the Model 3 will have an onboard 48A charger, so no need to install much more than a 50A circuit (unless planning to daisy chain multiple WCs together to charge more than one).

I have two rez for a his and hers M3. Should I follow these recommendations? Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply.

Load sharing with multiple Wall Connectors
Up to four Tesla Wall Connectors can be linked together to intelligently share power from a single circuit breaker. This functionality is beneficial for homes or commercial locations which need to charge more than one Tesla vehicle at the same time, but may not have enough power for multiple electrical circuits. For this type of installation, an electrician can provide a distribution box to split power between multiple Wall Connectors and install a communication cable which enables the units to operate as a network. This allows one station to provide maximum power to a single vehicle, or to split power when more than one Tesla is plugged in. To maximize charging speed we recommend installing the largest circuit breaker possible for the electrical panel, up to 100 amps.

• Funny
Reactions: zenmaster