TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mythbusters Part 2: The Tesla Roadster is not a Converted Lotus Elise

Discussion in 'News' started by stopcrazypp, Mar 3, 2008.

1. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

#1 stopcrazypp, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
    Okay looks like Darryl has posted the second part of this "mythbuster" series: The Tesla Roadster is not a Converted Lotus Elise
    Tesla Motors - feel

This post is of special interest to me because I've had a hell of a time in the past explaining to people why the roadster is $100k and not $43k or $57k like the Elise or the Exige. They always say you are paying $50k more for an electric Elise; "I'd rather save the $50k to buy gas." Now I have a link to point them to on the differences.

TEG seems to have commented on the blog already too. I'm confused on a few points myself on the 12V accessories. But I still think the supply of electric powered accessories is still smaller than conventional ones in the first place. The EV1 sold at a huge loss and I think the prius sold at a loss too. Maybe they have streamlined production some. GM's problems with the Volt is probably because it takes too much energy, as they cite wipers and the sound system as the problem if I remember correctly. I think they got the air con and power steering down already.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator