Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nag Differences Between Model S and Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 2017 Models S75D and a 2018 Model 3 dual motor. They are very different in terms of autopilot nags the model 3 almost never nags, in an go 30min on freeway without one.

The model s nags every 15-20 seconds on the freeway.

Any ideas why?

I have a 2017 S90D and a 2018 P3D and I have noticed that I get less nags in the 3 as well, but I hypothesized that it may be because the 3 has a more sensitive torque sensor than the S.

Just a guess, but the steering sensitivity in general is lighter in the Model 3 than the Model S. Hence, the wheel is easier to turn in the Model 3 and therefore guessing that it's also easier to satisfy the torque requirement since it takes less force/weight to move the Model 3 steering wheel. For me though, it's actually the opposite. But I think it's more because my most comfortable hand position in the Model S is better suited to put "torque/force" on the steering wheel, My natural driving position in the Model 3 does not satisfy it and I constantly get the nags. Annoyingly so that I usually just turn it off.