Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nag on UK cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What you are describing in your car is not FSD it is AP, FSD is a feature set still in development, your FSD features at present are limited to lane changing, summon and I think auto park.

In that case, why market it as Full Self Driving? I guess "Full Self Driving" has become code for a particular set of features in the Tesla vernacular, further muddied by initialising it to FSD - it no longer means what the words define, i.e. "Entirely Vehicle Managed Driving"... They might as well have called it "300mph Space Rocket".

Can't comment on this but as FSD is not a finished product not sure what situation you were in perhaps it was just AP and you got lucky!

As VanillaAir suggested, perhaps it was an early version? It was certainly a more relaxing drive.

Anyway, this thread has been derailed a bit - my original question was around the frequency of the nags. I was absolutely, 100% told by the salesman that the frequency of the nag depended on the driving conditions. This isn't the case for my car, and I was wondering whether anyone else experienced the same

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    39.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
In that case, why market it as Full Self Driving? They might as well have called it "300mph Space Rocket". The feature set on the Tesla UK website for FSD says "automatic driving from highway on ramp to off ramp..."

As VanillaAir suggested, perhaps it was an early version? It was certainly a more relaxing drive.

Anyway, this thread has been derailed a bit - my original question was around the frequency of the nags. I was absolutely, 100% told by the salesman that the frequency of the nag depended on the driving conditions. This isn't the case for my car, and I was wondering whether anyone else experienced the same
As is often the case, the salesman was wrong.

Irrespective of road or conditions, I get the Nag exactly 15 seconds after relaxing my Death Grip on the steering wheel.

The 15 second time was also the same on the Kona, so are we perhaps into EU Regulation territory here?

• Informative
Reactions: Big Bad Ben
Tip: Try adjusting your seat and wheel rake, height, back angle, etc. That helped me grip the wheel in a comfortable way that provided the minimum torque to stop the nag.

(I also found that sitting at a steeper angle than I used to sit, helped me smoothly and quickly regain control when I needed to.)

S

Last edited:
  • Informative
Thanks everyone for your helpful replies!

Sorry if I insulted you, Mark, but in that case “Full Self Driving” is a bit of a misleading description, wouldn’t you agree? I first test drove a Model S in Arizona where it genuinely drove itself from A to B with no hand or foot input needed from me. That’s truly “Full Self Driving”, in the literal sense.

It seems that we have a significantly toned down version here in Europe. Maybe “Driving Assistance” or “Lane Maintenance” would be a better title for the £6k premium...

Same here! I’m happy to take control for safety or in an ambiguous situation. It’s just a bit of a ballache when I’m sat in lane 1 for hours and I have to keep wiggling the steering wheel.

Ahh, how easy must life be when these are worst things to have to worry about?!
This is why I won't buy it untill the legislation has caught up. There is a vidio describing it Al and why we are going to be so far behind for a very long time