Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nags in V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL. The way I took the OP's problem is that his previous behavior was no longer preventing the nags... suggesting that the sensed amount of torque on the steering wheel has changed. Maybe it's just a frequency thing as he mentioned both. In which case, you're right. I'd have no idea.
I took it the opposite. No hands on wheel and more nags now than before. Sometimes I keep my hand on the wheel, sometimes I don’t and use the scroll wheel to satisfy the nag. Haven’t seen any change in nag frequency with v10.

I did some controlled tests yesterday, where I intentionally didn't touch the wheel after engaging AP. At freeway speeds (65mph), the nags were just a bit shy of 30sec, which is what I'm used to. On local roads, when you first engage AP, the first nag happens really quickly (10-15 sec) but once you torque the wheel to clear the nag, the next one is longer (~30sec).

That all seems consistent with how it was before.

I haven't had a chance to test bumper-to-bumper nags. Those historically were really long (2 min or so).