Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nail in tire and no service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live in Arlington, VA and got a nail in my tire. The Tyson’s Corner service center won’t let me book an appointment through the app (the closest I can get is is Richmond). Two questions:

1. Does anyone know if the Tyson’s service center is actually still open for service business?

2. Anyone have a tire shop they trust with a tesla in northern VA?

Thanks in advance.

Live in Arlington, VA and got a nail in my tire. The Tyson’s Corner service center won’t let me book an appointment through the app (the closest I can get is is Richmond). Two questions:

1. Does anyone know if the Tyson’s service center is actually still open for service business?

Thanks in advance.
Any tire store can do it. I just had the same thing happen last week and my local Union 76 station fixed it.

Reactions: Seven7
you can go anywhere, just make sure they use a jack pad (even if its a balled up rag). better to just lift up one wheel with a jack if they're improvising jack pads, than using the lift.

the wheels and tires are just like any other car.

Thanks in advance.
Rockville wouldn’t let you book either? They fixed one for me a year or so ago.

Tyco Rd SC won't let you book service because they are full on appointments. If you call they might get squeeze you in. If it's a just a nail any tire shop in the area can take care of it, like others have said, just make sure they lift the car correctly.

Reactions: Big Earl

Thanks in advance.

I don’t know about others, but I have never brought a vehicle I’ve owned to the dealer for a simple tire repair. Is there a solid reason to change this strategy (aside from verifying the tire store will jack it up properly)?

• Disagree
Reactions: Seven7 and M3 2018
I don’t know about others, but I have never brought a vehicle I’ve owned to the dealer for a simple tire repair. Is there a solid reason to change this strategy (aside from verifying the tire store will jack it up properly)?
I guess just the common factors - the jacking is the main reason, but also the fact that Teslas aren’t exactly a dime a dozen in Virginia, yet. And I don’t want “mechanic joe” to be figuring out the nuances of staring/driving/parking/manipulating a Tesla via my Model 3.

I called around and asked several tire places (that I’ve taken my ICE car to) and tried to ask them if they have experience with driving and working on Telsas. I never got a straight answer. The best they could do is tell me they are “equipped to work on Teslas”. That’s just not good enough for my comfort level.

Regardless, an update - I kept checking the app and also calling the Tyson’s service center and was able to book an appointment using both venues. I actually had to cancel one of them bc I ended up booking 2 appointments on accident. It seems as though the app DOES clear out and availability is created, you just have to keep checking.

• Informative
Reactions: Sherlo
My Model 3 got a nail in one of the tires. I bought 4 jack pads from Amazon, printed out the diagram for the jack points and took it to my local Les Schwab tire center. I show them the jack pads.. they said they knew about the jack points but will use my pads on top of their padding. They also know about the foam inside the tire. They took pictures of the hole, the inside foam, the patch, and brought me the nail. And they didn't charge me. Tesla are everywhere here though.

Reactions: Seven7