Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nail in tire this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 13k miles on my car and will be replacing just a single tire due to flat. Should I have any concerns over uneven wear patterns (or anything else for that matter) with replacing just one tire?

It is a 70D purchased brand new in October last year, so about 9 months and 13k miles. I went in at around 11k miles for a tire rotation and the service center said nothing needed to be done, I was too early for a rotation, tires looked good, and to come back in another 4k miles.

Now that I've had a chance to collect my thoughts, I think it should be repairable. I'll see what Discount Tires has to say. I was too busy and not really thinking clearly this morning; only had my mind set on getting a functional tire as a replacement so that I could drive the car and do whatever I needed to do for the day.

I'll have to see if I can pickup my tire from the Costa Mesa Service Center tomorrow...bring it to Discount Tires on Monday for a patch and repair, and then probably bring it to Tesla Torrance (closer to where I work) to give them back the loaner tire and mount my original tire back on.

I'm truly hoping the tire can be repaired, otherwise I'll have to look into the whole "to replace all 4 tires or not" for an AWD vehicle debate..

Anything I should let Discount Tires know before I give them my tire for a repair (assuming they can repair it)? TPMS-safe repair items, re-inflating to proper 45 PSI, etc....Also, I know that Tesla doesn't repair tires possibly for liability concerns, but will they mount a tire that has been repaired elsewhere?

Anything I should let Discount Tires know before I give them my tire for a repair (assuming they can repair it)? TPMS-safe repair items, re-inflating to proper 45 PSI, etc....Also, I know that Tesla doesn't repair tires possibly for liability concerns, but will they mount a tire that has been repaired elsewhere?
As long as the nail isn't near the side wall there shouldn't be an issue. It isn't a run flat tire like a lot of car manufacturers tend to do these days and it isn't low profile either so it should be a simple job for them. You may want to point out that the lug nuts should be torqued at 129lbs.