Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Name that plug!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll play...

Guess what plug this is?

Attachments

• download_20201222_215802.jpg
    download_20201222_215802.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 86
Looks like a 50 Amp 125/250 VAC Male Power Plug (CS6365 Type) typically found as a shore power connection at marinas for 40'+ boats.

Yes, I went a little plug happy and picked this up. Haven't used it yet.
50A Locking Shore Power (SS2-50)

Evse adapters is an awesome company, high quality stuff , 6 AWG wire to the connector, I believe I read that they modify / take apart existing Tesla UMC Gen 2 pigtails so that they function just like Tesla's, just offer more obscure EV charging options:

50A Locking Shore Power (SS2-50 / CS6365) Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3 Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

Reactions: Rocky_H
That was an easy one as that is exactly what I have on my boat. :D Would be too far away to plug in the Tesla in my case but I can see it as being a great way to charge quickly while at the marina. Our marina is really not set up well for charging, in fact there is not even a 120v receptacle within reach any where near the marina. My previous marina had receptacles all over the place including the parking lot.

That was an easy one as that is exactly what I have on my boat. :D Would be too far away to plug in the Tesla in my case but I can see it as being a great way to charge quickly while at the marina. Our marina is really not set up well for charging, in fact there is not even a 120v receptacle within reach any where near the marina. My previous marina had receptacles all over the place including the parking lot.

I am guessing this is a "I forgot to charge" or a just for fun one.. given the higher amps support and integration with Tesla UMC it was worth having.

I wish Plugshare listed these shore power outlets somewhere or had them optional. The only times I've seen them listed were in the comments.

I use 6-50 as my outlet conversion target. I also have 25 and 50 foot 6-50 welder’s extension cord. The 50 foot cord is quite heavy and fills most of the frunk. I can make an outlet converter with an appliance pigtail cord and a 6-50 socket set up for using with a cord.

If I don’t know what my charging situation will be on a road trip to unknown territory, I take the 50 ft. 6-50 cord and my adapter pigtails. Also have a fairly complete set of mobile connector adapters.

This lets me use dryer outlets that are fairly distant from the car. I need the 50 foot cord at my wife’s family beach house. They haven’t yet agreed to have an electrician install a charging outlet near the parking area. I run the cord in a basement window, along the ceiling using hooks I installed, through the basement door and on to the laundry room. The adapter pigtail, 50 foot extension cord and Mobile Connector reach the car’s charge port with maybe a foot or two of slack.

The car reads the welder’s extension cord as 50-amp capable, defaults to 40-amp charging. I set the car to charge at 24 amps, max for a 30-amp dryer circuit. After the first time, the car remembers the setting for that location and automatically goes to 24 amps.

Reactions: ArizonaJon