Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

name this noise...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was traveling back last night and experienced this sound piping through my stereo as i exited the highway to supercharge. if i increased the volume the radio would drown out the noise as it did not also increase. i could not get it to go away until i did a hard reset of both screens.

has anyone experience this before?

link to a short clip: Dropbox - IMG_4915 2.MOV

The exact same thing happened to me in my Model X 100D. The navigation started to give a command and freaked out into that noise and would not stop.

Reset the center screen with the dial buttons on the steering wheel and it will stop.

was traveling back last night and experienced this sound piping through my stereo as i exited the highway to supercharge. if i increased the volume the radio would drown out the noise as it did not also increase. i could not get it to go away until i did a hard reset of both screens.

has anyone experience this before?

link to a short clip: Dropbox - IMG_4915 2.MOV

Happened in my parents’ model X a couple weeks ago. Reset of the screens fixed it.

I think it’s the navigation system (or the music player) stuttering. Happened to me once, a couple of months (and a few software updates) ago. A quick 2-button reboot fixed it, I didn’t even have to stop the car.
Hasn’t happened again since.