Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Name your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We haven't named it, but Donald Fagen (Steely Dan being my favorite band) did a solo album called Kamakiriad. The concept represented in the songs is that the narrator's new car, a Kamakiri, is taken on an adventure. An adventure in a Kamakiri is a Kamakiriad.

Fagen has said the idea was to look at the future when he envisioned travel being more slow and purposeful. The Kamakiri is steam powered, has a hydroponic farm, and "....in sync lock with Tripstar."

Our new Model Y is screaming to be named Kamakiri. ROFL

As mentioned in one of the other threads, introducing Dinah-Moe-Hum:

IMG_3766.jpg

Reactions: Bouba
This is brilliant. Especially that your horn plays the song!

Haven’t ordered my Model 3 yet but am thinking of naming it Q after the techy guy from James Bond. It definitely seems like the type of vehicle he’d create for Bond!
Q could also be the character from Star Trek: The Next Generation by the same name or, please no, be a reference to QAnon, heaven forbid! o_O

Tesla uses the name of a car as an additional security feature. For example, on a call with Tesla they authenticate who you are and include the name of the car as one of the factors. I was puzzled by this request initially but decided to play the game and only later understood its purpose.

I keep threatening to name our S Fred just because I haven't come up with anything I like but I'm just trying to goad my wife into offering some suggestions. I am one of those who has never named a car before but this car is so exceptional it just seems too generic to simply refer to it as "the S." For now that will have to do.

Last edited:
Tesla uses the name of a car as an additional security feature. For example, on a call with Tesla they authenticate who you are and include the name of the car as one of the factors. I was puzzled by this request initially but decided to play the game and only later understood its purpose.
Their fallback, as I found out, is to ask for the last 6 digits of your VIN which works for those of us who haven't yet or won't name our Tesla.

For the first time ever in a life time of cars, I am going to name my Y, when she arrives, "Lizzie" in honour of my late and much lamented sister who would have loved the car.

I need help please; I want to put her name on the back at about the same level and on the opposite side as "DUAL MOTOR". I have been unable to find chrome letters of a similar size to the Tesla ones; those I have seen available are much larger. Perhaps I could have a discrete transfer custom made.

Any ideas will be gratefully received.

Reactions: UltradoomY
For the first time ever in a life time of cars, I am going to name my Y, when she arrives, "Lizzie" in honour of my late and much lamented sister who would have loved the car.

I need help please; I want to put her name on the back at about the same level and on the opposite side as "DUAL MOTOR". I have been unable to find chrome letters of a similar size to the Tesla ones; those I have seen available are much larger. Perhaps I could have a discrete transfer custom made.

Any ideas will be gratefully received.
Have letters 3D printed and painted to match