Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Naming your Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Son - 11-year-old basketball nut - wanted to name our Red 3 "The Beard" after the Houston Rockets' James Harden; he has just renamed our Green S "Uncle Drew", after the Boston Celtics' Kyrie Irving.

Wife didn't want to budge from "Tessie Little".

Last edited:
People name their cars? Honestly?

Ok, if I buy into the concept, let's call it...
Tesla Model 3

*shakes.head.such.a.thread.even.exists*

I mean, I know women sometimes give their car a nickname, but guys?
Perhaps you should name yours Koothrappali :p

Some people will jokingly name their cars. But the reason it's different with Tesla is because in the UI there is actually a spot TO name the car. I am going to name my car Nikki, but that doesn't mean I will actually refer to it as such, it just means that is what I will type in the "Name of car" field on the UI.

• Informative
Reactions: AustinPowers
But the reason it's different with Tesla is because in the UI there is actually a spot TO name the car.

That is indeed interesting, never knew that. Thanks for the heads-up. Won't be using that feature though, as I don't think I could come up with a name for a car. It was hard enough to find a name for our second child that everybody was happy with :)

Up to then I only knew of one car that was named by its owner - a certain red and white 1958 Plymouth Fury. And we all know how that ended ;)

That is indeed interesting, never knew that. Thanks for the heads-up. Won't be using that feature though, as I don't think I could come up with a name for a car.

Wouldn't you want cool push notifications like this?! ;)

FCE7CC93-BFD7-4FA9-B155-927BAA323EAC.jpeg