Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Naming Your New Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've mulled over a few but after careful consideration , have chosen Speedbird.
Named after the call sign Speedbird 9, the British Airways 747 flight that lost all four engines after flying through an ash cloud.
As I imagine my new car will glide silently (also sounds cool), but hopefully without the fear that it experienced.

One small tidbit the Captains announcement to cabin is a perfect master of British understatement "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress"

I went with "Wonko The Sane". He is a character from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. He read the side of a box of tooth picks which had instruction on how to use them and decided that the world had gone insane so he built an asylum for it. He built an inside out house where inside was outside the asylum and only sane place left on Earth.

How I feel about the world sometimes and how the inside a Tesla is the only sane place to be in when out there on the road.

Last edited:
>>I've mulled over a few but after careful consideration , have chosen Speedbird.
Named after the call sign Speedbird 9, the British Airways 747 flight that lost all four engines after flying through an ash cloud.
As I imagine my new car will glide silently (also sounds cool), but hopefully without the fear that it experienced.<<

Let's hope you don't have to change it to "Moody" - Eric Moody was the captain on that "interesting" sector!

Reactions: Hairyman and Bousa
My Model S is Mileva (Serbian wife of Einstein), and the Model 3 will probably be Ada (Lovelace who worked with Babbage on Computers).Teslas are female because they are beautiful, intelligent and expensive.
However my PW2 is Schwarzenegger because he will be back-up. I am told that PW2s are male because they hang around in the garage not appearing to be doing anything.

My Model S is Mileva (Serbian wife of Einstein), and the Model 3 will probably be Ada (Lovelace who worked with Babbage on Computers).Teslas are female because they are beautiful, intelligent and expensive.
However my PW2 is Schwarzenegger because he will be back-up. I am told that PW2s are male because they hang around in the garage not appearing to be doing anything.

Excellent work. I called my PW2 Sisyphus - I have a house full of teenagers.

• Love
Reactions: Techno-phile
Draco Electricus: A species of blue dragon in the Dungeons and Dragons universe, who spits electrical discharges instead of fire.
Also a nod to SpaceX's Draco thrusters and their general dragon nomenclature.
Some Romans they go towards the house!!!

Electrical/Electric = Electrica

Electricity = Electricae

Now, write it out 100 times before morning...:D