Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nanny Feature with AP - Annoying!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand why its there...its the format and function of the alert that is most annoying to me.

Am I the only one that gets annoyed with the progressive nanny feature that upon its second notification it defaults to muting everything on the sound system with a "beep"? The annoyance for me is that the first visual queue is pretty much unnoticeable if you are actually paying attention to the road, so nearly by default you are subjected to this beep, which becomes (to me) annoying, especially if you are conducting a call...this is where I begin to ask myself why a high tech car like this would have the HUD option - which would give you a more likely to see visual queue.

At the very least that visual queue should stay present the entire time it first initiates the request so you have a better shot at catching it.

I generally agree. I think the alert itself is OK, but the car pops it up too often. They should drop the periodic alerts and just go back to alerting when conditions actually warrant it.

However, it's easy enough to avoid by just lightly holding the wheel with your thumb and forefinger. Doesn't take much to make the car see your hands on the wheel. This is what I usually do.