Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Napa Leather Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Got a 2015 Model S with "NextGen" Napa leather seats. Been using the SwissVax Cleaner and Conditioner products mostly and they work ok but don't seem to help much for friction/creasing of the leather and need to be reapplied every few months. Tesla replaced my front passenger seat recently and curious to know what products would be best to protect it long term and use for all of my seats. Came across the Gyeon Q2 LeatherShield which looks interesting. Would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks!

-Al

Many years ago, a friend who owns an auto body shop said that women's hand cream works for leather. I've been using ever since, cheap, works great.

I'm sure there is a religious aspect of this to some people, similar to "Which oil should I use in my ICE car?", but many of the leather products I've owned over the years go south because they dry out, hence the hand lotion.

My 2 cents,
Brian

Reactions: hcdavis3
Many years ago, a friend who owns an auto body shop said that women's hand cream works for leather. I've been using ever since, cheap, works great.

I'm sure there is a religious aspect of this to some people, similar to "Which oil should I use in my ICE car?", but many of the leather products I've owned over the years go south because they dry out, hence the hand lotion.

My 2 cents,
Brian

Any brand/version in particular? There are a ton of hand lotions made with different ingredients (oily, non-oily, etc). Thanks in advance

Another friend got me into selling Melaleuca products for 2 years. While that did not pan out, their lotion, called "Renew", works great. It is available on eBay.

Melaleuca Renew Intensive Skin Therapy Hand Wash Refill 18oz -Refill Bottle Only | eBay

I am not the eBay seller for the above link, just a reference.

I keep a car detail kit in my frunk, so when I am supercharging, I clean the car.
The detail kit also includes a spray bottle of 1 cup white vinegar mixed with 1 cup distilled water, for MCU screen cleaning.

Brian

Reactions: artx55