TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Napa to Tahoe City and back

Discussion in 'California' started by napabill, Jul 9, 2013.

1. napabill

napabill Active Member

Traveled up to Lake Tahoe over the 4th and the chart below is the "tale of the tape."

Napa to Tahoe.jpg

As you can see, no problem. I stopped at Folsom for a top-off on the way up, but came straight through on the way back. Good charging option in Tahoe City. Did 65-70 mph both directions. And it was 95+ so had A/C going full blast. No problem.

2. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Did you use the tahoe city public utility district charger and if so is it a J1772.

3. napabill

napabill Active Member

Yes and yes. They were most accommodating. Suggested calling ahead if you want to use during business hours. They will "cone" the space so you won't get ICE'ed. Weekends, no sweat. It is 24/7 and free. They told me that they have security cameras so evening use shouldn't be a problem.

4. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Great data, but I'm afraid you have a formula error on the Folsom to Tahoe City line: should be 134%