Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Napp Leather Option Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello... I see that the Nappa Leather Option is:
"Nappa Leather $1,500
Hand-wrapped surfaces of soft supple Nappa leather. 12-way power adjustable, heated seats with memory."

I read on the blog when the price increase was announced that: "After the price change, all vehicles will include 12-way adjustable, heated front seats as standard equipment at no charge." 2013 Model S Price Increase | Blog | Tesla Motors

Is the $1,500 then to add memory and Nappa leather?

I don't understand what the standard vs. upgrade is.

Hello... I see that the Nappa Leather Option is:
"Nappa Leather $1,500
Hand-wrapped surfaces of soft supple Nappa leather. 12-way power adjustable, heated seats with memory."

I read on the blog when the price increase was announced that: "After the price change, all vehicles will include 12-way adjustable, heated front seats as standard equipment at no charge." 2013 Model S Price Increase | Blog | Tesla Motors

Is the $1,500 then to add memory and Nappa leather?

I don't understand what the standard vs. upgrade is.

Prior to the Jan 1 price change the standard textile seat was 8-way adjustable and not heated. After the price change the standard textile seat is 12-way adjustable (full lumbar support adjustment was added) and is heated. However, neither before nor after the price increase has the standard textile seat been listed as coming with a driver profile memory.

The $1500 for leather seats buys you driver profile memory, a small kangaroo pouch on the front of the driver's seat that is absent in the textile seats and the option to select among various leather colors and decors.

Prior to the Jan 1 price change the standard textile seat was 8-way adjustable and not heated. After the price change the standard textile seat is 12-way adjustable (full lumbar support adjustment was added) and is heated. However, neither before nor after the price increase has the standard textile seat been listed as coming with a driver profile memory.

The $1500 for leather seats buys you driver profile memory, a small kangaroo pouch on the front of the driver's seat that is absent in the textile seats and the option to select among various leather colors and decors.

Thank you for this information. Memory seats are really important to me and my wife, so it looks like we will need to order the option.