Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NASA New Horizons Encounter With Pluto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I did a quick search and didn't see a thread on this, so I thought I would post a quick one. The NASA New Horizons spacecraft is only a couple of months away from passing by Pluto as close range. New Horizons will provide the first ever close up pictures and science on Pluto and Charon. Very exciting. New Horizons will make it's closest approach on July 14th, 2015.

The latest from the NASA website: NASA will host a media teleconference at 3:30 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 29 to discuss recent images returned from the New Horizons spacecraft as it nears its historic July 14 encounter with Pluto. Officials also will provide an update on the timeline and significance of images the mission team will receive in the coming weeks.

I'm hoping during the teleconference that they will release some new recent images, more recent than the picture they released earlier this month. But I'm not sure if that will be the case or not. The last released picture was from April 9th, so a recent picture would probably reveal new detail never seen before.