Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if someone started a thread on this, but found a permit for 12 Tesla stalls that was issued on 6/19/18 to be installed at 1033 Demonbreum St. For those who are curious, I've attached a detailed description of the site plan. I briefly perused the info and saw "Gen. 1 superchargers" mentioned somewhere so I suspect it will be traditional chargers. I work fairly close to this area so can check on it periodically.

Attachments

• TeslaDowntownNashville.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 429
This is in the Gulch Crossing building. The parking garage allows any visitor to park for free for one hour. This should be a super convenient spot and I bet will be very popular. It will be similar in many regards to the Atlantic Station supercharger in Atlanta. There's probably more shopping in Atlantic Station, but there should be more dining options at the Gulch location. Plus, the typical 30 minute wait to get your picture with the What Lifts You mural should work out perfectly to get 150 miles of range. The green line of the Music City circuit runs directly adjacent to this as well and provides free bus travel into Sobro and the Central Business District. I would love to see them put a couple HPWCs in as well. I would definitely use them while spending a couple hours eating.

Lastly, there is a proposed pedestrian bridge that will cross the railroad tracks near here and provide easy access to the area around the KVB roundabout. That is still probably two years away though.

Last edited:
I was in Dallas a couple of weeks ago - Garland to be exact. The two nearest Superchargers were urban (Richardson and Plano). My hotel did not have a charger at all (bad choice). Spending an hour at an urban charger (especially one where nothing was open) was a real pain to prepare for the next day driving around.

We should stipulate that one hour of charging will easily add 150 miles to our batteries - at least the bottom half of our batteries.

IMO, If you need to drive more than 150 local miles in a day and without overnight Level 2 charging then any EV may not be a good choice.

Was awaiting, or at least hoping for, an SC north of Nashville, convenient to both I-65 and I-24 and not that far from I-40... Downtown location probably not that convenient for those traveling thu on the Interstates, even though it is near to the Interstate loop around downtown. Too much traffic most of the time. For me , it would have replaced stopping at the SC in Bowling Green, KY that is too far from I-65 to be a 'convenient' stop. But the 'next' SC is in Louisville, or Lexington (depending on route), both a good ways further on... A future SC is on the Tesla map for Elizabethtown KY.

This is in the Gulch Crossing building. The parking garage allows any visitor to park for free for one hour. This should be a super convenient spot and I bet will be very popular. It will be similar in many regards to the Atlantic Station supercharger in Atlanta. There's probably more shopping in Atlantic Station, but there should be more dining options at the Gulch location. Plus, the typical 30 minute wait to get your picture with the What Lifts You mural should work out perfectly to get 150 miles of range. The green line of the Music City circuit runs directly adjacent to this as well and provides free bus travel into Sobro and the Central Business District. I would love to see them put a couple HPWCs in as well. I would definitely use them while spending a couple hours eating.

Lastly, there is a proposed pedestrian bridge that will cross the railroad tracks near here and provide easy access to the area around the KVB roundabout. That is still probably two years away though.
What are the hours for the parking area below the Gulf Crossing building, i.e. is it open 24 hours. And, perhaps more importantly, would it be a safe place to be late at night? (Even though we are in Murfreesboro, between the 'crime' and the 'traffic', we stay the hell out of Nashville, except to travel through.)

I am looking forward to the Elizabethtown SC as well. Both Bowling Green and Louisville are inconvenient for I-65 traffic. Welcome, certainly, but inconvenient. Also Bowling Green is too close to Nashville (for locals departing from Nashville) and Lousville just a little bit of a stretch from my suburb (have to make sure to range charge before departure).

We should stipulate that one hour of charging will easily add 150 miles to our batteries - at least the bottom half of our batteries.

IMO, If you need to drive more than 150 local miles in a day and without overnight Level 2 charging then any EV may not be a good choice.
I am looking forward to the Elizabethtown SC as well. Both Bowling Green and Louisville are inconvenient for I-65 traffic. Welcome, certainly, but inconvenient. Also Bowling Green is too close to Nashville (for locals departing from Nashville) and Lousville just a little bit of a stretch from my suburb (have to make sure to range charge before departure).
My route is typically I-71 toward 'Cincy' , So Louisville is conveniently near 'inner' by-pass, but haven't tried it, using Bowling Green and Cincinnati instead. However, Granddaughter starting Univ. of Louisville in fall will make it very useful going forward. Will Also need 'near' full charge, or stop at Bowling Green or 'Gulch'.

According to supercharge.info, it looks like downtown Nashville will be getting some superchargers soon! It looks like it'll be smack dab down in the middle of the Gulch. Anyone know anything about this?

upload_2018-7-3_15-58-47.png

What are the hours for the parking area below the Gulf Crossing building, i.e. is it open 24 hours. And, perhaps more importantly, would it be a safe place to be late at night? (Even though we are in Murfreesboro, between the 'crime' and the 'traffic', we stay the hell out of Nashville, except to travel through.)

Hours - I suspect it will be available 24 hours.

Crime - I suspect that Murfreesboro has more crime than the Gulch. I’m.l not joking. This area is incredibly safe and active.

Traffic - From the interstate, you will be plugged in and charging within two minutes 90% of the time. There is one light for people getting off of 40 West.