Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nashville owners/wanters - dealership and service center coming to Cool Springs.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
take a look at the new SC map
http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Heard about that through the Chattanooga SC thread. Great news for Nashville visitors or passers-through. As one looks out towards the 2015 map I still don't see how us Nashvillians get to Memphis, Knoxville or Louisville without having to drive 50 mph, which I am not going to do for sure.

Ditto. No route for Atlanta to get to Memphis. Need one in Decatur, AL, and Corinth, MS. The one in Decatur would link Nashville to Birmingham, but sadly there is nothing on the maps for Birmingham through 2015.

Weird article in Nashville Business Journal and Tennessean last night/this morning about the "dealership" signing their lease. Article makes no sense given that they acknowledge that service center has been in the building since early summer. Perhaps this means that they actually secured their sales license? I emailed the sales manager for clarification and will post response to this thread. This would be good news for those of us taking delivery in Brentwood since the paperwork and registration could all be done locally now. Saves a trip to the county clerk to pay the tax at a minimum.

Weird article in Nashville Business Journal and Tennessean last night/this morning about the "dealership" signing their lease. Article makes no sense given that they acknowledge that service center has been in the building since early summer. Perhaps this means that they actually secured their sales license? I emailed the sales manager for clarification and will post response to this thread. This would be good news for those of us taking delivery in Brentwood since the paperwork and registration could all be done locally now. Saves a trip to the county clerk to pay the tax at a minimum.

LOL how things change. I drove to Atlanta in June 2013 (36K miles ago) to get my P85 2 days early. At the time never expected a store in Nashville or a SC in Chattanooga. I hope all TN owners understand that the Dealers will likely try to do something in the Legislature this year to stop Tesla.

Never got a response?

If I hear of any agenda changes, I'll definitely let everyone know. Wear your Tesla swag & invite your friends :).

Does anyone know if there is a good place to park their cars, easy to spot on the way in? It would be great to have them all together.

- - - Updated - - -

I started looking at the members of the commission (http://state.tn.us/regboards/mvc/members.shtml ) - and while there are manufacturer representatives listed, on first glance it looks mostly independent. Until you start doing a web search on the other members.

For instance, B. Joe Clayton, is the 2nd Congressional District Representative on the commission. No dealership tie there. But a quick google search on his name gives you https://www.claytonbank.com/BoardDirectors.php#

B. Joe Clayton began his career in the automotive business 50 years ago in 1957. Since then, he has owned and operated both new and used car stores in Knoxville, TN and Columbus, GA. He currently operates Clayton Volvo, Columbus Motor Company, Mercedes Benz of Columbus, and several used car stores.

Or Ronald Fox (3rd District) ... he owns Fox Toyota in Clinton, TN. Stan McNabb (4th District) owns (wait for it ...) Stan McNabb Chevy. And on and on.

As many of you that can make it ... please go! And if you go, please report back on how fair the hearing is. Sheez.

If I hear of any agenda changes, I'll definitely let everyone know. Wear your Tesla swag & invite your friends :).

Does anyone know if there is a good place to park their cars, easy to spot on the way in? It would be great to have them all together.

- - - Updated - - -

I started looking at the members of the commission (Motor Vehicle Commission - Members ) - and while there are manufacturer representatives listed, on first glance it looks mostly independent. Until you start doing a web search on the other members.

For instance, B. Joe Clayton, is the 2nd Congressional District Representative on the commission. No dealership tie there. But a quick google search on his name gives you Clayton Bank and Trust | Board of Directors

Or Ronald Fox (3rd District) ... he owns Fox Toyota in Clinton, TN. Stan McNabb (4th District) owns (wait for it ...) Stan McNabb Chevy. And on and on.

As many of you that can make it ... please go! And if you go, please report back on how fair the hearing is. Sheez.
As Mr. Rogers would say, "Can you say regulatory capture?"

Didn't mean you ... We just had a huge election here in TN, with 4 state constitutional amendments. Been carefully reading all the major newspapers in the state this past week, looking for perspectives. If this was publicly discussed, pretty sure I would have heard about it. Impressive that you found about this at all.

Edit: just informed m my local news agencies:

You all should be interested in this:
11/13: Nashville, TN Hearing - Call for Owners

As you may be aware, Tesla Motors is a revolutionary car company; one of the things they are doing is selling direct to consumer, without dealership markup. We have had a service station and showroom in metro Nashville for about 5 months now. The auto dealers association, nationwide, is fighting tooth and nail to prevent direct to consumer sales, using many other-than-honest methods. Late Friday PM a muted announcement was made that a committee will be meeting in Nashville, this coming Tuesday, to discuss the legality of these sales.

It's particularly interesting that the committee to regulate auto sales is made up almost entirely of people with a financial interest in auto sales, including (by law) 9/17 board positions being filled by auto dealers. According to this and other websites, the majority of the remaining 8 positions are held by elected officials who just happen to also own auto dealerships.

This is all the more newsworthy in light of the recent constitutional amendment to allow sale of wine at grocery stores, despite the objections of the wine merchants association.

Last edited: