Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nashville Pick Up of a MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chipping in here - I picked up a white MYP in Nashville on Saturday. VIN 1216XX. Born-on date Feb 5. All the new stuff except the console, which I'm pretty ok with.

My SA was Megan and she was super helpful by phone, not so much by email.

Reactions: Brian-MS90D
Chipping in here - I picked up a white MYP in Nashville on Saturday. VIN 1216XX. Born-on date Feb 5. All the new stuff except the console, which I'm pretty ok with.

My SA was Megan and she was super helpful by phone, not so much by email.
@DayHayve I pick up a blue MYP in Cincinnati this Wednesday. VIN 1217xx.

Yours does not have the new console? Bummer.

But it does have the new headlights?

@Brian-MS90D my understanding is the new consoles are on vehicles made on 2/7 or after. VIN’s aren’t super helpful because apparently Tesla’s are not sequential. So it’ll be close but you may get it. You should definitely have new lights.

After seeing the old and new consoles side by side on the lot at pickup, I’m not as bummed about the old version. The new console is “new” but from a functionality perspective I think the old is a little ahead. Don’t love the piano black but there are covers and, hey - they’re all on sale!

I also understand from a pure resale perspective the old console will “date” my ‘21 compared to others - but that’s hopefully several years of 3.4 second 0-60’s on down the road.

If you’re willing to wait, just ask them to verify when it’s on lot and if it doesn’t have the new console, ask to decouple from your VIN and wait for one with new console as well. Either way - you’re going to love it. Good luck!

Reactions: Brian-MS90D
@Brian-MS90D my understanding is the new consoles are on vehicles made on 2/7 or after. VIN’s aren’t super helpful because apparently Tesla’s are not sequential. So it’ll be close but you may get it. You should definitely have new lights.

After seeing the old and new consoles side by side on the lot at pickup, I’m not as bummed about the old version. The new console is “new” but from a functionality perspective I think the old is a little ahead. Don’t love the piano black but there are covers and, hey - they’re all on sale!

I also understand from a pure resale perspective the old console will “date” my ‘21 compared to others - but that’s hopefully several years of 3.4 second 0-60’s on down the road.

If you’re willing to wait, just ask them to verify when it’s on lot and if it doesn’t have the new console, ask to decouple from your VIN and wait for one with new console as well. Either way - you’re going to love it. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. No, I agree with you. The old console is fine and I'd prefer to take delivery now.

Where are you guys finding the manufacture date? Is that something I have to ask the SC rep to know?