TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nashville to West Supercharger Network

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Owner, May 5, 2014.

1. Owner

Owner Active Member

I'm on my supercharging journey across (or around) the country. Currently in Indiana.

I'm trying to figure out my return. I think I can get to Nashville via Macon (coming very soon looks like) and a top off at the Atlanta Service Center, and then my friend's home in Nashville.

I'm perplexed though on how to get back to the western supercharger network. I don't want to return to the supercharger northern route unless it is just too painful.

The two options look like:

through Oklahoma and Albuquerque

or

through Kansas and Denver

thoughts, opinions, experiences?

2. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Welcome to my part of the country.

You can't get there from here.

3. invisik

invisik Supporting Member

Not much out there right now, I agree. I'm trying to find a quick way to get from the Normal, IL supercharger to Nashville, TN and having no luck without an overnight stay on 14-50. It's campsite territory for sure!

I wish I could bring a HPWC with me and connect up some 14-50's to it somehow to light up my twin chargers while out of town.

-m

4. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Ive long held the belief that failing to light up I-40 was a huge mistake. But Elon just had to recreate his college years cross-country trip and drag all of us along for the ride :)

5. Owner

Owner Active Member

Thanks everyone. I am starting to strongly lean to staying on the supercharger route back home. After two weeks on the road, I'm a bit burned out and the thought of a gazillion RV charges just sounds painful.

6. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

7. invisik

invisik Supporting Member

And remember, the Tesla Service Centers have HPWC that are free to use if you call in advance. Not quite a supercharger, but if you have twin chargers in your car its a great option.

-m