Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Chains that Repair Tesla Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may have a tire that may have a small leak. Yesterday I went to Tire Kingdom, however,
they do not have equipment to work on newer Teslas with the batteries underneath.
Are there any chains that have the capability to work on Teslas?

I recently got one tire fixed at Discount Tire Direct in Atlanta. The installer just need to get the 4 pucks to jack the car. Available from Amazon, search "Tesla Lifting Jack Pad". I have a set just in case I need to stop at a place that does not have them.

Reactions: wynnek
The larger chains may not want to work on Tesla vehicles. Your best bet will be an independent wheel and tire shop. The Tesla vehicle does not need to be put on a 4-point lift to repair a leaking or flat tire. A low profile floor jack is all that is needed to raise both wheels of the Tesla off the ground. (Use the front lift point.) A single lift pad will suffice for use with the floor jack. Use a low profile floor jack else the Model Y may need to be driven onto some boards for added clearance for the floor jack.

Reactions: bobby g and wynnek
I may have a tire that may have a small leak. Yesterday I went to Tire Kingdom, however,
they do not have equipment to work on newer Teslas with the batteries underneath.
Are there any chains that have the capability to work on Teslas?
Thread title was confusing to me as there is no such thing as a "Tesla tire".

And then reading your post above, "newer Tesla's with the batteries underneath"? All Tesla's since 2012 have always had their batteries underneath.

Back to your actual question about a repair chain that will work on tires on a Tesla, I can't help there. However calling local shops near you can sometimes solve this issue as you can very quickly find out if they will work on your car or not.

Reactions: cYnbios
I have a lot of respect for a shop that is willing to say they don't know how or can't work on a specific car. Way better than them cowboy-ing some kind of solution that ultimately causes damage. I used to have an Elise, and those were tricky to lift as well. There were several instances I knew of where shops totaled cars by lifting them wrong and punching holes in the extruded chassis. Not so fun. I'd rather get no help than help that causes damage.
lotus-elise-falls-off-lift-qball.jpg

I used Big-O Tires only for doing alignment, but they had the Tesla in their system, in particular hey had a not on how to set the car in Neutral.
(but now the new 'washing mode' is simpler)

If you have some pucks, you could put them in advance, in fact you need only the one closer to the tire, they don't need to raise the full car.

My only concern is using an impact wrench, because the tool sometime can jumps out of the bold and hits the wheel, leaving a big mark near the bolt location.
(I had a body shop who damaged one of my wheels, and after shwing my pictures the wheels was repainted)

So I would recommend taking pictures of all your wheels before bringing the car to the shop, or if you have another car, you could also remove the wheel and bring it to the shop.

Note: I would recommend checking the alignment, I did it on my new Model 3 to get a reference for later, and the Toe were a little out, which would had affected the lasting of the tires.

Last edited:
Big-O Tires update: I had pucks so I took them with me to Big-O. They repaired the tire, no problem -- did it for free (not sure if its free for everyone; we have been taking our ICE cars there for years).

The owner of this Big-O did tell me they cannot patch some foam filled tires due to the glue used to hold the foam in. If the hole is in a spot with a lot of the "foam glue", they can not get all the goopy glue off the tire to get the patch bond well. Luckily my puncture location did not have this issue.

They were quite busy today; so, I did not get the alignment checked -- I need to go back soon and have it checked.

For simple tire rotation and/or inspection I have successfully used Mr. Tire (2780 W Henrietta Rd) and Firestone (7374 Pittsford Palmyra Rd). They know how to jack Tesla's without damaging the battery and they will also use pucks that you supply. Maybe read big o tires reviews. Seems to be a good serice too