Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Drive Electric Day Event - Sarasota

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A wet day in Sarasota but a great turn-out nevertheless! Many thanks to my Co-Chair Chris Sharek who ran everything while I was away at a friends wedding, to Florida Power and Light for their support and to our City and County civic leaders for taking the time to come down and recognize the event; thanks also as always to Larry Chanin and members of the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts group for turning out with lots of cars and always being willing to talk to the visitors. Finally, great thanks to Mote Marine Laboratory for hosting the event free of charge once again, for the charging stations and for all their sustainable energy initiatives.

All of the following photographs are courtesy of Mote Marine Lab:

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a news report from the Bradenton Herald => http://www.bradenton.com/electrify-the-island-event-attracts

A few photos courtesy of The Bradenton Herald (more on their website):

Tesla brought down a Black P85+ for test drives

David Havasi from Tesla Motors talks to local activists and interested customers

Larry's Sig red Model S and my Roadster hiding behind him

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the kind words and your leadership.

I've contacted the reporter of the article in an attempt to get Chris' name corrected.

Larry

Charging in Florida?

Larry, Looks like the National Drive Electric Day Event in Sarasota was a big success. Sorry I was not there for it. It did remind me though that our Florida stay will be starting in less than two months (our rental on LongBoat Key begins Dec.1). I'll be driving my Model S 60 down for our 4 month stay and I was wondering if you could tell me how I contact those FTE members that might allow me to use their chargers on the way down? My biggest concern is the stretch from Savannah into the northern portion of Florida. Any advice or thoughts on the best way down to Sarasota in a 60 from northern FL. would also be appreciated. I also just sent an email to Mote Laboratory asking them if their EV chargers are Level ll and if they are fee based? I'm a member of ChargePoint and evGo but I'm not sure of the brand at the Lab.

Look forward to meeting you in the not too distant future. Thanks for your help. roy Donahue

I also just sent an email to Mote Laboratory asking them if their EV chargers are Level ll and if they are fee based? I'm a member of ChargePoint and evGo but I'm not sure of the brand at the Lab.

Hi Ray, Mote Laboratory has a Tesla HPWC and a Chargepoint L2. Both are free because they are underwritten by an individual benefactor (that would be me:smile:) but all I ask is that if you're going to use them on a regular basis then stop in at the main desk desk and make a donation to Mote, they're a 501C3 so it's tax deductible. Overnight parking is not allowed there.

Also note that there are 2 free chargers in the SE parking lot on St Armand's, just need your J1772 adapter.

Savanah to St Augustine can be driven in a 60. You will need to Max charge in Savanah and drive conservately to St Augustine.

While driving to the Teasla Drive event last February meet a gentleman with a 60 and he drives it. Watch your speed.

Mileage is 176 and tt will be very close.

Roland