Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Drive Electric Week™ is September 14-22, 2019.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking the Model 3 as well as the Rad Power Bike Rad Mini to my local event. I've been commuting to work on the Rad Mini for part of the year. 350 miles so far on the Rad Mini, which would have been put on the Model 3 otherwise.

I'm planning on sending out an e-mail next weekend to all my friends (the real variety, not the Facebook variety) that have expressed passing interest in EVs over the years.

Reactions: Kenz
I hope more EV owners help make these get togethers a success.
It helps to display cars and answer questions that people may have.
You might even get some Tesla referrals
I'm sure some people go to check out a variety of EV's as it helps them make a decision as to what to buy.
It helps spread the electric vehicle message.
Less fuel costs, less maintenance, no noise and no emissions.

I was at our Carrboro, NC event last year with my Prius Prime, and will be at this year's with my wife's M3 SR+. Though with the recent proliferation of Teslas in Chapel Hill/Carrboro, I suspect there will be lots there. Seems like 1 in 10 cars on the road in town is a Tesla! (and there are lots of other EV's around as well).

Interesting thought re: bringing your ebike. I use mine heavily for grocery and Post Office runs; maybe I'll throw it in the back and bring it along...

Reactions: Kenz
Interesting thought re: bringing your ebike. I use mine heavily for grocery and Post Office runs; maybe I'll throw it in the back and bring it along...

Great idea. You can also show case Ebikes or E scooters to people that may have an interest.
Seems like some local ebike shops should be part of the events and show case their offerings.
Local solar companies should also attend and display.

I've created handouts that I keep in my 3 to give away when people ask about it. There are 2 version each for the S, 3, and X. Feel free to download and revise them for your own use.

They were created using Apple Pages, but can be downloaded in a variety of formats. Download links in this twitter chain.
Darrell Spice Jr. on Twitter

Following images are for reference, use link above to download originals. Letter size handout:
Model 3 Handout.png Model 3 Handout 2.png

Legal size handout, includes example road trip I took in my 3:
Model 3 Handout Legal.png Model 3 Handout Legal 2.png