TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

National Drive Electric Week - It's not too early to register!

Discussion in 'EVents' started by mczajka, Jul 13, 2016.

1. mczajka

mczajka Member

Are you participating in a National Drive Electric Week event in your area, starting September 10th, 2016? There are many different types of events going on, and the captains would appreciate it if you register early. DC area Tesla Model S owner and advocate David Bennett encouraged me to run an event at the Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square, PA, and we had a great time last year. We're returning this year and partnering with the Eastern Electric Vehicle Club. Kennett Square is only 17 miles from the Newark Delaware Superchargers. We hope you participate in one of more events this year!

National Drive Electric Week Website

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  2. Xenius

Xenius Member

I should have taken ownership of my new 60D a few weeks before this. Would love to go. Kennett is only a few miles from me.

3. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Hmmmm. Getting an S in August and on vacation in September. I'm going to have to look this up:)

4. Xenius

Xenius Member

Bah, that's the wife and I's birthday weekend and I'm pretty sure we'll be out of town, but will keep it in mind if not.

5. mczajka

mczajka Member

Great. Even if you don't have your car by then, you could stop by. I would encourage people to go to events that are close to you, although with Superchargers and Destination Chargers, you have a few more options.

This one is nice because there are things for the family to do and it puts us in front of a lot of people. Several who came alone, took breaks to take in the entire event. We had pretty good crowds most of the day, even though rain was threatening. There is a registration fee, but you get a t-shirt, an entry to the street fair, and proceeds are distributed to a wide variety of charities and organizations benefiting the residents of Kennett Square and the surrounding communities.

6. artisjr

artisjr Member

I will stay local (DC Area) for the 10th at Annapolis and the 17th at Arlington.

7. Branzo90D

Branzo90D Salt and Pepper

Just registered for the EVent in Santa Rosa, CA on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at the Coddingtown Mall. Please join us if you live in the area.

8. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

#8 AEdennis, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Two of the Southern California ones were reminding folks about NDEW 2016 at the EV Drive-In at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo, CA this Saturday... That we did as an event for the Tesla Owners Club of Orange County. I'll post pictures later...

Here's a teaser:

[​IMG]Untitled by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

9. mczajka

mczajka Member

Great to see some of you participating!

10. Branzo90D

Branzo90D Salt and Pepper

Just wanted to note that the Santa Rosa, CA date has been changed to September 11, 2016 due to a scheduling snafu. Hope to see other locals there.

11. mczajka

mczajka Member

We're less than a month away from National Drive Electric Week events. Many of these events order t-shirts and other items for attendees. If you register early, you can guarantee your size.

Please register today!

www.driveelectricweek.org

12. artisjr

artisjr Member

I have added one more event to my list; DC. Hope to see you at one of them!

13. mczajka

mczajka Member

That's great. What other events are you going to?

14. artisjr

artisjr Member

My response is posted above (on July 18th).

15. mczajka

mczajka Member

Got it. Thanks!

16. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

17. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

National Drive Electric Week is always a lot of fun. I've shown my S the last two years, and always have a blast. This is the first year I'll be giving test rides. That should be exciting. Hope to see some other S and X owners (the wings will attract even larger crowds that the frunk does!)

18. mczajka

mczajka Member

Some great events out there this year. I'll be in Kennett Square, PA this Saturday at the Mushroom Fest. (great event with great parking near the festival), then heading back to Baltimore for their event on Sunday, and the following weekend, a big bash in Poolesville, MD with over 55 cars so far. Before the Poolesville event, we will be trying to see how many EVs we can get on Whites Ferry (which may be a first - MD Volt Inc.)

www.driveelectricweek.org

19. ajay

ajay Member

It's here! Happy NDEW!

Definitely check out the NDEW site for events near you. Also check your regional TMC Community forum - a quick review shows most have some regional events posted. There's a thread on New England events here.