Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you participating in a National Drive Electric Week event in your area, starting September 10th, 2016? There are many different types of events going on, and the captains would appreciate it if you register early. DC area Tesla Model S owner and advocate David Bennett encouraged me to run an event at the Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square, PA, and we had a great time last year. We're returning this year and partnering with the Eastern Electric Vehicle Club. Kennett Square is only 17 miles from the Newark Delaware Superchargers. We hope you participate in one of more events this year!

National Drive Electric Week Website

600_442046224.jpeg

600_442046247.jpeg

600_442046260.jpeg

Reactions: ChadS
I should have taken ownership of my new 60D a few weeks before this. Would love to go. Kennett is only a few miles from me.

Great. Even if you don't have your car by then, you could stop by. I would encourage people to go to events that are close to you, although with Superchargers and Destination Chargers, you have a few more options.

This one is nice because there are things for the family to do and it puts us in front of a lot of people. Several who came alone, took breaks to take in the entire event. We had pretty good crowds most of the day, even though rain was threatening. There is a registration fee, but you get a t-shirt, an entry to the street fair, and proceeds are distributed to a wide variety of charities and organizations benefiting the residents of Kennett Square and the surrounding communities.

Two of the Southern California ones were reminding folks about NDEW 2016 at the EV Drive-In at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo, CA this Saturday... That we did as an event for the Tesla Owners Club of Orange County. I'll post pictures later...

Here's a teaser:

Untitled by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

Last edited:
National Drive Electric Week is always a lot of fun. I've shown my S the last two years, and always have a blast. This is the first year I'll be giving test rides. That should be exciting. Hope to see some other S and X owners (the wings will attract even larger crowds that the frunk does!)

Some great events out there this year. I'll be in Kennett Square, PA this Saturday at the Mushroom Fest. (great event with great parking near the festival), then heading back to Baltimore for their event on Sunday, and the following weekend, a big bash in Poolesville, MD with over 55 cars so far. Before the Poolesville event, we will be trying to see how many EVs we can get on Whites Ferry (which may be a first - MD Volt Inc.)

www.driveelectricweek.org