TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

National Drive Electric Weeks 2017 Events in Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by bollar, Aug 5, 2017.

1. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

National Drive Electric Week 2016 was huge in Texas -- we came in second to California in total attendance, second in Teslas attending and North Texas had more Teslas attending than any other NDEW event.

But we can do better in 2017...

NORTH TEXAS

Plans are firming up for National Drive Electric Week, Saturday, September 9 at Grapevine Mills.

Events kick off at 10am with activities sponsored by North Central Texas Council of Governments, culminating with an attempt to beat the Texas record for electric cars in one place. Last year, we set the Texas record with 128 cars. We were also the largest NDEW event outside of California.

At noon, we're going to adjourn to Uncle Buck’s Brewery and Steakhouse or a mix & mingle in guaranteed comfort. Tesla Owners Club of North Texas is organizing the after-party and give Uncle Buck's a big thumbs up!

Please sign up to join us, either with your electric car, or as someone interested in electric cars. We are currently in SECOND place globally for registrations. We could well be first with YOUR help.

National Drive Electric Week Event - Grapevine

There are also other NDEW events in Texas that we'll update:

Houston

Sep 16, 2017
    9:30 am until 12:30 pm

IKEA Houston TX store at I-10 and Antoine Dr.
    Houston, TX
    event details

San Antonio

Sep 16, 2017
    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

312 Pearl Parkway
    San Antonio, TX
    event details

Corpus Christi

Sep 10, 2017
    1-4 pm

Del Mar College, West Campus
    Corpus Christi, TX
    event details

Austin

n/a

Austin, TX
    event details

• Like x 1
  2. John Weber

John Weber New Member

• Like x 1
  3. Pipcecil

Pipcecil Member

Despite owning a plug-in vehicle since 2011 (Nissan Leaf) and two since 2012 (wife got a Chevy Volt) we have never been able to make it to these events (for numerous random unrelated reasons). BUT this year we finally have a clear schedule and baring any random emergencies (yes we had to skip one because of one before) both my wife and I will be bring our vehicles to the DFW event. That and my work is pretty insistent we go and at least take one vehicle (I was even slated to speak at the original one through my work before that was canceled).

So here is two more vehicles coming that weren't there last year (and one being a Tesla)!

• Like x 1
  4. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Excellent!

We're so close to having the largest attendance (for now) 77 cars registered in North Texas: National Drive Electric Week 2017 Stats

5. arcus

arcus New Member

Hi all,

New (and proud) Tesla Model S owner and new member of this forum. Make it 78 for Grapevine event :)

• Like x 1