Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Drive Electric Weeks 2017 Events in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bollar

Disgruntled Member
May 1, 2013
Southlake, TX
National Drive Electric Week 2016 was huge in Texas -- we came in second to California in total attendance, second in Teslas attending and North Texas had more Teslas attending than any other NDEW event.

But we can do better in 2017...

NORTH TEXAS

Plans are firming up for National Drive Electric Week, Saturday, September 9 at Grapevine Mills.

Events kick off at 10am with activities sponsored by North Central Texas Council of Governments, culminating with an attempt to beat the Texas record for electric cars in one place. Last year, we set the Texas record with 128 cars. We were also the largest NDEW event outside of California.

At noon, we're going to adjourn to Uncle Buck’s Brewery and Steakhouse or a mix & mingle in guaranteed comfort. Tesla Owners Club of North Texas is organizing the after-party and give Uncle Buck's a big thumbs up!

Please sign up to join us, either with your electric car, or as someone interested in electric cars. We are currently in SECOND place globally for registrations. We could well be first with YOUR help.

National Drive Electric Week Event - Grapevine

There are also other NDEW events in Texas that we'll update:

Houston

Sep 16, 2017
9:30 am until 12:30 pm

IKEA Houston TX store at I-10 and Antoine Dr.
Houston, TX
event details

San Antonio

Sep 16, 2017
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

312 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX
event details

Corpus Christi

Sep 10, 2017
1-4 pm

Del Mar College, West Campus
Corpus Christi, TX
event details

Austin

n/a

Austin, TX
event details

Reactions: vrykolas
Despite owning a plug-in vehicle since 2011 (Nissan Leaf) and two since 2012 (wife got a Chevy Volt) we have never been able to make it to these events (for numerous random unrelated reasons). BUT this year we finally have a clear schedule and baring any random emergencies (yes we had to skip one because of one before) both my wife and I will be bring our vehicles to the DFW event. That and my work is pretty insistent we go and at least take one vehicle (I was even slated to speak at the original one through my work before that was canceled).

So here is two more vehicles coming that weren't there last year (and one being a Tesla)!

Reactions: bollar
Despite owning a plug-in vehicle since 2011 (Nissan Leaf) and two since 2012 (wife got a Chevy Volt) we have never been able to make it to these events (for numerous random unrelated reasons). BUT this year we finally have a clear schedule and baring any random emergencies (yes we had to skip one because of one before) both my wife and I will be bring our vehicles to the DFW event. That and my work is pretty insistent we go and at least take one vehicle (I was even slated to speak at the original one through my work before that was canceled).

So here is two more vehicles coming that weren't there last year (and one being a Tesla)!
Excellent!

We're so close to having the largest attendance (for now) 77 cars registered in North Texas: National Drive Electric Week 2017 Stats

Current stats as of 8/23/17:

Total by Host Location
Austin 24
Corpus Christi 3
Grapevine 109
Houston 20
San Antonio 17
Grand Total 173

Vehicle Breakdown by Host Location
Austin 24
BMW i3 1
Cadillac ELR 1
Chevrolet Bolt 2
Chevrolet Volt 5
EV Conversion 1
Ford C-MAX Energi 1
Ford Fusion Energi 1
Nissan LEAF 6
Tesla Model S 3
Tesla Model X 1
Toyota Prius Prime 1
Zero Motorcycle 1

Corpus Christi 3
Ford C-MAX Energi 1
Nissan LEAF 1
Tesla Model S 1

Grapevine 109
BMW i3 2
BMW i3 REx 3
Cadillac ELR 2
Chevrolet Bolt 4
Chevrolet Volt 19
Chevy Spark EV 1
Fiat 500e 1
Ford Focus Electric 2
Ford Fusion Energi 1
Nissan LEAF 17
Tesla Model S 42
Tesla Model X 12
Tesla Roadster 1
Toyota Plug-in Prius 2

Houston 20
BMW i3 1
Chevrolet Bolt 1
Chevrolet Volt 4
Mitsubishi i-MiEV 1
Nissan LEAF 2
Other Plug-In Vehicle 1
Tesla Model S 5
Tesla Model X 3
Tesla Roadster 2
San Antonio 17
BMW i3 2

I find it quite interesting that in DFW we will have 4 vehicles that were never offered or sold in Texas (the spark, fiat, and PiP). Goes to show that those manufacturers missed the mark by limiting distribution imo (but I know logistics is much more complicated). Also, I have yet to see a Soul EV up close (sad), but I live very close to a car foreign trade zone and have seen 1 recently there. Too bad Kia didn't hype it up as much as they should have. When it was released it had the best range (beyond a tesla model s) and was sporter and roomier than the other EVs as well. Now they are just behind the times.

I find it quite interesting that in DFW we will have 4 vehicles that were never offered or sold in Texas (the spark, fiat, and PiP). Goes to show that those manufacturers missed the mark by limiting distribution imo (but I know logistics is much more complicated). Also, I have yet to see a Soul EV up close (sad), but I live very close to a car foreign trade zone and have seen 1 recently there. Too bad Kia didn't hype it up as much as they should have. When it was released it had the best range (beyond a tesla model s) and was sporter and roomier than the other EVs as well. Now they are just behind the times.
Yes, it's amazing.

Although it's not reflected in NDEW data, check out NCTCOG's latest EV Stats. There are 155 Fiat 500e registered in NTX! That's more than the BMW i3...

I think some of those coming are NCTCOG employees - I know there is one fiat 500e and two PiPs at the office. But still boggling the amount of unavailable plug-ins that are brought to Texas. I do think with he 500e, that a couple of fiat dealerships here got some used ones from california.

Reactions: bollar
Southlake has recognized Saturday, September 9, 2017 as North Texas Drive Electric Day.

Southlake Proclamation NDEW 2017 Small.jpg

Current Stats as of 8/31/17

The fake gas shortage fueled a lot of registrations in North Texas. The rest of the state is rightly focused on the hurricane and its aftermath. One week to go!

Austin 26
Corpus Christi 3
Grapevine 125
Houston 21
San Antonio 18
Grand Total 193

Austin 26
BMW i3 1
Cadillac ELR 1
Chevrolet Bolt 2
Chevrolet Volt 5
EV Conversion 1
Ford C-MAX Energi 1
Ford Fusion Energi 1
Nissan LEAF 7
Tesla Model S 3
Tesla Model X 1
Toyota Prius Prime 1
Zero Motorcycle 2

Corpus Christi 3
Ford C-MAX Energi 1
Nissan LEAF 1
Tesla Model S 1

Grapevine 125
BMW i3 2
BMW i3 REx 4
Cadillac ELR 3
Chevrolet Bolt 4
Chevrolet Volt 22
Chevy Spark EV 1
Fiat 500e 2
Ford Focus Electric 3
Ford Fusion Energi 1
Nissan LEAF 18
Tesla Model S 48
Tesla Model X 13
Tesla Roadster 1
Toyota Plug-in Prius 2
Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later) 1

Houston 21
BMW i3 1
Chevrolet Bolt 1
Chevrolet Volt 4
Mitsubishi i-MiEV 1
Nissan LEAF 3
Other Plug-In Vehicle 1
Tesla Model S 5
Tesla Model X 3
Tesla Roadster 2

San Antonio 18
BMW i3 2
Cadillac ELR 1
Chevrolet Volt 2
Kia Soul EV 2
Mitsubishi i-MiEV 1
Nissan LEAF 5
Tesla Model S 3
Tesla Model X 2
Grand Total 193

Only three days to go. Texas as a group is #2 to California in cars and miles driven. North Texas (Grapevine) is in record territory and is number # in electric miles driven (4.3 million), #2 in vehicles registered (162) and #1 in Teslas registered (83).

It's not too late to register! Hope to see you Saturday!

National Drive Electric Week

Austin 37
BMW i3 1
Cadillac ELR 1
Chevrolet Bolt 2
Chevrolet Volt 5
EV Conversion 1
Ford C-MAX Energi 1
Ford Focus Electric 1
Ford Fusion Energi 1
Nissan LEAF 8
Tesla Model S 7
Tesla Model X 4
Tesla Roadster 2
Toyota Prius Prime 1
Zero Motorcycle 2

Corpus Christi 6
BMW i3 REx 1
EV Conversion 1
Ford C-MAX Energi 1
Nissan LEAF 1
Tesla Model S 1
Volvo XC90 Plug-In 1

Grapevine 162
BMW i3 2
BMW i3 REx 5
Cadillac ELR 3
Chevrolet Bolt 5
Chevrolet Volt 28
Chevy Spark EV 1
Fiat 500e 3
Ford Focus Electric 3
Ford Fusion Energi 1
Hyundai Sonata Plug-In 1
Nissan LEAF 22
Tesla Model S 68
Tesla Model X 14
Tesla Roadster 1
Toyota Plug-in Prius 2
Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later) 1
Volkswagen e-Golf 1
Zero Motorcycle 1

Houston 27
BMW i3 1
Chevrolet Bolt 1
Chevrolet Volt 5
Mitsubishi i-MiEV 1
Nissan LEAF 3
Other Plug-In Vehicle 1
Tesla Model S 10
Tesla Model X 3
Tesla Roadster 2

San Antonio 18
BMW i3 2
Cadillac ELR 1
Chevrolet Volt 2
Kia Soul EV 2
Mitsubishi i-MiEV 1
Nissan LEAF 5
Tesla Model S 3
Tesla Model X 2

Grand Total 250

If my counting is correct, 17 types of EVs. Zero motorcycle - this will be particularly interesting for me, as I've never seen one up close.

I'm stoked, cannot wait till tomorrow :)
We're now up to 20 different EVs, plus the school-builts (and note the Karma)

Vehicle Registered
Tesla Model S 71
Chevrolet Volt 28
Nissan LEAF 22
Tesla Model X 13
BMW i3 REx 5
Chevrolet Bolt 5
Cadillac ELR 3
Fiat 500e 3
Ford Focus Electric 3
BMW i3 2
Ford Fusion Energi 2