Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Geographic - Tesla Model S Documentary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The documentary is quite impressive. Regarding Tesla's factory and use of robots, does anybody know how it compares with other auto makers? Is Tesla significantly more advanced in their use of robots, or is their use of robots on the same level as other auto makers?

The documentary is quite impressive. Regarding Tesla's factory and use of robots, does anybody know how it compares with other auto makers? Is Tesla significantly more advanced in their use of robots, or is their use of robots on the same level as other auto makers?

I've watched a couple of these "factory" documentaries. Tesla doesn't seem that much different than most. I remember Porsche was very similar.

I was impressed with the amount of information on the battery pack. That's the first inside look of that I've seen.

Regarding Tesla's factory and use of robots, does anybody know how it compares with other auto makers? Is Tesla significantly more advanced in their use of robots, or is their use of robots on the same level as other auto makers?

I'm very familiar. Tesla and the other automakers are in a similar ballpark. Remember the scene in which they discuss a robot taking a picture of the top of the car, then using that to feed data to the robot to tell it where to place the pano roof? I work for a company that does that kind of stuff. I think they may be using Perceptron for this.