Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Geographic Tesla Model S Megafactory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is like an hour-long commercial! I almost got weepy-eyed near the end. These guys are changing our planet. I also enjoyed the huge amount of detail about the factory. I had no idea that they were only using about 20% of the space. Seems like x and bluestar will have plenty of space to be born as well.

Thanks for the link. I just watched the video and it's excellent. Gives a real close-up look at the factory and entire build process. It's like a long Tesla commercial and sure to win over some people. :)

All in all, a pretty good video. Any publicity is good publicity, as they say.

There was some disappointing semantic spin happening though, such as at 22:15 where it's stated that you can get 100km of charge from a regular power outlet. While it is possible to get 100km/hr of range and it is possible to charge from a regular outlet, you cannot do both at the same time (110V plugs get less than 5km/hr).

I don't know if this was the show taking liberties or whether Tesla was on board with it. Tesla already has a great case, they don't need to stretch the truth.

Just watched it with both my boys. The youngest (6) is chanting "I want a Model S!" . I'm still keeping the reservation a secret from them and neither has questioned how I know so much about the Model S. We'll see how long the secret will last - I have a long way to go (P14,971)...