TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

National Harbor Grand Opening on Tuesday 4 October

Discussion in 'EVents' started by theflyer, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. theflyer

theflyer Member

National Harbor will be holding a grand opening of the Tesla Superchargers at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, October 4. I understand media will be present. I expect to receive additional details on Monday from my contact and will post them here when/if I receive them.

For the full discussion about this supercharger location, see this thread: Supercharger - National Harbor, MD

2. theflyer

theflyer Member

Oops. Tuesday the 3rd. Doesn't look like I can edit the original post to make the change.

3. zambono

zambono Member

I swung by today there are about 12 chargers which is welcome. Is National Harbor planning on charging Teslas there a parking fee?

4. theflyer

theflyer Member

We've heard the whole lot will require payment, but the signage seems to indicate otherwise. I've sent questions to a contact at NH and am hoping for answers tomorrow.

5. zambono

zambono Member

Thanks I just read the older thread. I am not a fan of the parking fees at NH, specially if I have purchased at a business or ate at a restaurant. Many times I just drive over to Old Town because I feel much more welcome.

6. theflyer

theflyer Member

Confirming again the ribbon-cutting tomorrow (Tuesday the 3rd) at 10 a.m. Try to arrive by 9:45. Let's make a good show of it.

7. zambono

zambono Member

how did it go? Do drivers have to pay while their car is charging and they are in it?

8. Alsan B

Alsan B Member

It was really nice. The facility is very nice. I was told by representatives from National Harbor and the organizer of the event that Tesla owners will NOT have to pay for parking while there; however, another fellow Tesla owner reported hearing that we would have to pay. I hung around for about 2 hours today meeting people and did not have to pay nor did anyone come by requesting that I pay. The lot is very spacious, and I think it is located in an ideal area. I'll post some pictures from the event!

• Like x 1
  9. Alsan B

Alsan B Member

A few pics from today's opening. Pleasure meeting all of you.
    IMG_1584(1).JPG IMG_1586(2).JPG IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1590(1).JPG IMG_1591(1).JPG IMG_1592(2).JPG IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1594.JPG IMG_1595.JPG

10. zambono

zambono Member

I swung by there the other day and I don't think there is an actual gate for the parking area. If I am charging and am in the car I will not pay, if I leave it charging or leave it parked I will. Common sense.

• Like x 1
  11. theflyer

theflyer Member

@zambono, I suspect a lot of people will use that approach. Plugshare is showing $3 for 0-1 hour. That's pretty reasonable. Most folks who are just charging and moving on will be there less than an hour.