TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

National Plug In Day 2012 Events - September 23rd

Discussion in 'EVents' started by mczajka, Aug 17, 2012.

1. mczajka

mczajka Member

To see if there is a National Plug In Day Event in your area, check out the following website:

National Plug In Day

I know many of these locations are looking for support from owners, like yourselves! And new locations are popping up daily!

- Mark
    City Captain
    Central Maryland - National Plug In Day

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

#3 ChadS, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    [EDIT: This thread is for 2012. The 2013 thread is HERE]

And I'm organizing two Seattle-area events:

1. The International Fountain at Seattle Center, and
    2. Snoqualmie Falls Park

Both are great sites that will have plenty of passers-by to see the cars and ask questions about them. But you may prefer the Snoqualmie Falls site; it is more scenic, is the site of a hydroelectric facility (in fact Puget Sound Energy is a sponsor); and best of all, they allow us to give rides that day!

Please register to attend on the site. Thanks!

4. dwegmull

dwegmull 2013 Model S 85

I will be giving rides in my Roadster at this event:
    National Plug In Day

This will be the EAA's Silicon Valley chapter's 40th rally. All kinds of plugin vehicles are expected to attend from home made conversions to examples of nearly all commercially available EVs.
    Owners can either display their cars or give rides to the public along a 2 mile long loop on local streets. In addition, this year, thanks to a new location owners can choose an alternate, longer loop that includes a highway portion.
    We usually have at least two Roadsters: the more the merrier!
    We also just learned that thanks to a major sponsor, car registration is free! (not all websites and documents have been updated yet)
    Charging will be available on site, including at least one Roadster UMC.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#5 vfx, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  6. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I am organizing an event in Kingsport TN. We plan to give rides and have several Leaf and Volt owners on hand. I think i am the only Tesla owner within 100 miles.

7. Nashville

Nashville New Member

Nashville is organizing an event for Plug In Day. We are planning an EV-Rally that will include the first EV Limo for the 23rd and a kickoff reception to be held at the Embassy Suites In Cool Springs.
    Gretchen Peters our local singer/ songwriter talent will perform.
    We are hoping to have as many EV's as possible in the rally. If you are interested to join us please visit Facebook for detailed information.
    Update Your Browser | Facebook

8. TonyWilliams

TonyWilliams Active Member

#8 TonyWilliams, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    National Plug In Day San Diego events:

Sunday, Sept 23, 2012

8:00 am

California Center for Sustainable Energy
    8690 Balboa Ave., Suite100
    San Diego, CA

Vanessa Minei
    Marketing Associate
    #858.737.1581** x422

11:00am - "Gaggle" of cars depart for a tour through San Diego, from the CCSE parking lot to Balboa Park (about 11 miles). NOTE: This is NOT a parade.

2012 National Plug In Day | Plug In America
    Electric Vehicles - Sierra Club

There are plans for DC ChadeMo charging to be available onsite, courtesy of Quick Charge Power and Andromeda Power. On site, there are several Blink J1772 EVSE's, also.

National Plug In Day is being organized by the Sierra Club, Plug In America, and the Electric Auto Association, it will highlight the thousands of electric vehicles hitting our streets in cities nationwide and the opportunities a switch to EVs presents for reducing emissions and dependence on oil.

9. Timothy

Timothy Driving on Sunshine

Santa Barbara will have an event from 11-1 or so.

National Plug In Day

They plan to start with an EV parade down State Street (main street of town)--and asked me if I would lead the parade in my Tesla. 'You betcha!'

10. Gary Krysztopik

Gary Krysztopik New Member

National Plug-In Day San Antonio

We are having a Plug-In Day in San Antonio and would love to get some Teslas there!

11. krogers

krogers Member

National Plug-In Day: Sept 23, 2012

Any Tesla Model S owners out there? Will you have your car by Sept 23? (I won't have mine until 2013). Then please consider attending a local event on National Plug-In Day on Sept 23, 2012 (see 2012 National Plug In Day | Plug In America to find an event near you).

What a great way to show off your shinny new Model S. The EVent in Cupertino, CA will also be the 40th Annual EAA Silicon Valley EV Rally. This year it will be held at De Anza College from 10am - 4pm. We will have a large variety of EVs on display and some available for rides. It would be great to have some Model S cars there also.

National Plug In Day

Hope to see you there!

12. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

NJ is meeting at the Rutgers University Campus, parking lot 105

13. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Signed up for the Springfield, MO event on Sept. 22nd...sure wish I would have my S by then to take.

14. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

Trick is to 'Take' someone with you - that's the push behind PiD - to find people that haven't been in an EV. We're targeting, sorry, 'Inviting' the Rutgers student body and local businesses.

15. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Someone who is going to PiD in Rutgers, drop me a PM, please. A friend of mine is on faculty there and runs the Center for Research of Regulated Industries; getting him hooked on EVs would be a good thing.

16. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

17. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Come see, ride, and drive electrics!​

El Segundo CA Automotive Driving Museum.

thee teslas light6.jpg

18. rou0828

rou0828 New Member

The second annual National Plug In Day is being sponsored by Plug In America, Sierra Club and the Electric Auto Association. The celebration is designed to raise the awareness of the environmental and economic benefits of electric vehicles. Events in 60 different cities will honor all things electric auto, Spokane to Boston. That is more than double last year’s 29-city celebration.

19. daniel

daniel Active Member

While I do appreciate your mention of Spokane, :) there are cities not between Spokane and Boston (Portland, Seattle, etc.) that will have events as well.

I'll be at the Spokane event. There won't be as many EVs here as in some big cities, but anyone in the area should stop by. I'm not an organizer, but I gather that there will be a variety of plug-in cars, including production cars and conversions.

20. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Can we make this a top-of-site sticky this week?