Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Plug in Day EVent in S.Central New England (CT, MA, RI): 28-Sept-13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GreetingS drivers! I am a Volt owner and Captain of the NPD event in Pomfret/Putnam CT, close to Central MA and most of RI.

Though I have not driven a Model S myself, I did quite enjoy riding in the passenger seat of one.

Are there any Model S owners will to volunteer at least a few hours of time to attend the event, show their cars, and answer questions?

Here's the link for more info:
National Plug In Day - North East Connecticut

There is also a separate, bigger event further west in New Britain.

RSVP (through the site linked)/Let me know!

Best,
Mark

Mark

Yonkers, NY Model S owner here.... Wish I could make it up to your event, but I'l be going to the event in New Britain on Sunday the 29th.

Would be great if we could get a list going here of who can attend the event on Saturday the 28th in Putnam CT or the New Britain CT event on Sunday the 29th - or both!

Here are the sign up pages for both... Post here if you can attend either/both and I'll get a running list going!

New Britain, CT

http://pluginday.org/event.php?eventid=36

Putnam, CT

http://pluginday.org/event.php?eventid=85

Aaron

Thanks Aaron and bhuwan, I just realized yesterday that mine and the official NEEAA Plug in Day are on different days and that is awesome!

Any red Model S owner out there willing to be the lead car the EV Rally? (followed by a White Leaf, and my Blue Volt, that's the idea;)

Who do we need to lobby to make Vermont more Green?

My Dad lives just outside Manchester as well! I was just up there last month with the family & the Volt (took "the plunge" and left the Prius at home) I used an outlet in his garage to charge (that was shared with a fridge so I had to keep it at 8 amps!) But as a result, got 71 mpg (59 MPGe) for the whole 420 mile trip!

So anyhow, yes, I agree, no L2s in Manchester area, not much in VT to speak of (one partially installing in Brattleboro??) the VT has some of the cleanest grid energy (buys extra hydro from Canada) so the case is there for more stations!

So I'm still looking for a gracious Tesla owner available and willing to sign up for the Pomfret event on the Saturday the 28th, and also be the lead car in the EV Rally to Putnam (~10 miles away).

I have a Leaf signed up for position #2, and I can be #3 in my blue Volt...yes I know 3 cars ain't much of a rally, but it's a start!

Is there anything going on in or nearer Boston on the 28th? I can' t make it to VT or CT but may be able to do something for a couple of hours closer by.

Hi Peter/all,

Putnam/Pomfret, CT is only 60-70 miles from Cambridge, MA (~135 miles round trip), ~1 hour 15 minutes driving time, if that changes your consideration at all. There will be free L2 charging from ~12:30 at Putnam (10 miles on the way back after the rally, at the free lunch/afternoon part) and of course anyone who wants to come in to Putnam for breakfast (GREAT restaurants and coffee in town) before the 10 AM Pomfret start can also use the L2s (there are 3 of them at Cargill Chevy) that are downtown.

Best,
Mark

Last edited:
So I'm still looking for a gracious Tesla owner available and willing to sign up for the Pomfret event on the Saturday the 28th, and also be the lead car in the EV Rally to Putnam (~10 miles away).

I have a Leaf signed up for position #2, and I can be #3 in my blue Volt...yes I know 3 cars ain't much of a rally, but it's a start!

I'm a "maybe". I don't have a date for my car yet, but its around the end of September, and production is complete so it will be on its way to MA soon. If I get it the week before and had a chance to drive it around a bit, then I should be able to make Putnam as I'm free that weekend (mine is green tho, not red!). I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know for sure once Tesla gives me a firm date!

I'm a "maybe". I don't have a date for my car yet, but its around the end of September, and production is complete so it will be on its way to MA soon. If I get it the week before and had a chance to drive it around a bit, then I should be able to make Putnam as I'm free that weekend (mine is green tho, not red!). I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know for sure once Tesla gives me a firm date!

Well that would be awesome! Would be glad to have you as the lead car in our rally, green is the new red anyhow, right? :)

Keep me posted, and I will send you a PM with my personal email and cell phone # to keep in touch.

Best,
Mark

Hi Peter/all,

Putnam/Pomfret, CT is only 60-70 miles from Cambridge, MA (~135 miles round trip), ~1 hour 15 minutes driving time, if that changes your consideration at all. There will be free L2 charging from ~12:30 at Putnam (10 miles on the way back after the rally, at the free lunch/afternoon part) and of course anyone who wants to come in to Putnam for breakfast (GREAT restaurants and coffee in town) before the 10 AM Pomfret start can also use the L2s (there are 3 of them at Cargill Chevy) that are downtown.

Best,
Mark

Thanks for the info, Mark, but too far on a fall Saturday given some other commitments. I looked on the plug in day site but while they list something in Boston it's just a TBD placeholder with no content.

I did find that NH is splitting activities across two weekends. In addition to Saturday 10/5 in Concord, there is a Saturday 9/28 event in Manchester's Livingston Park. Daniel, Anthony, Paul and the rest of our NH contingent, hope you can rally a strong Tesla turnout.

National Plug In Day - Manchester

green is the new red anyhow, right? :)

Absolutely :biggrin:

Things are looking hopeful, the car is on its way from CA, and my pick-up date has now been rescheduled for 9/23. I mentioned the plug-in day when I was at the SC just now, and they said there should be another MS owner in the Putnam area before the 28th.......I wonder who? They would be very welcome to lead, and I'll bring up the rear! I don't want to lead everyone the wrong way LOL.
Thanks for sending me the schedule Mark, that should work well for me. I will sign up on the website just as soon as the car is here and I know I can definitely be there.