TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

National Plug-In Day in Sarasota

Discussion in 'Florida' started by NigelM, Jul 18, 2013.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Just a heads-up....

This years NPID will be celebrated with cars, exhibitors and vendors for a fun day out at Mote Marine Aquarium in Sarasota on Sunday, September 29th.

More details to follow, but if you're interested in taking part drop me a PM.

(Declaration: I am a board member of, and affiliated with, Mote Marine Laboratory, a 501C3 research and educational facility)

2. MissErol

MissErol Model S #9221

Count me in Nigel as a spectator. Already on my calendar and looking forward to it.

3. ClearwaterBchSteve

ClearwaterBchSteve P445 / VIN 1794

It's a little far in advance to know our travel schedule, but if we can make the Sarasota event, Robin and I will be there.

4. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

My son and I are planning on attending (again) - you guys put on one hell-of-an event!

5. Nickjhowe

Nickjhowe Member

Since Fort Myers will be open it should be an easy trip across, so I'll try and make it - if the travel schedule accommodates.

6. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Penciled in!

7. MissErol

MissErol Model S #9221

Looking forward to seeing you again Crystal. My daughter and I really enjoyed you at the Ft. Myers meeting. Thanks again for the new technique on how to close the frunk. Lol.

Nigel is this an event where most people stay the weekend or just drive up for the day?

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Update:

vendors and exhibitor spots are filling up nicely. Larry has a list of thoise willing to show their private cars; we look good for Model Ss but another Roadster wouldn't hurt. (Jordan, you still planning on coming?)

This will be on Sept 29th at Mote Marine Aquarium: http://mote.org/energy from 10.00am-4.00pm. We have food and refreshment vendors this year (after last year being killed by the heat) and we'll end with a joint drive to the Beach House on Longboat Key for dinner, a few beers and a beautiful FL sunset.

9. jordanthompson

I am still planning on it, but as we get closer to the date, Sarasota is looking further and further away and Orlando is temptingly close :-D
    I need to get the Roadster in for its annual, maybe I'll schedule it for the next Monday and stay for the evening if the service center is open...

10. kvietor

kvietor Model S S280 VIN 168

Nigel, Chris Sharek sent out an e-mail with the list of EVs chosen to be displayed, so I opted to have my wife display our S at Temple Terrace this year. Only problem, I have to work that day:crying:

PS, could use a Roadster up here tho.

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Oh, shame. We just decided today to put you in by the new HPWC!!

12. jordanthompson

Speaking of HPWC, will there be any charging locations for our ancient Roadsters? I will definitely need something after coming across from Satellite Beach.

13. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Options: we could put you on the Chargepoint spot and you can stay plugged in all day. There's free ones all around Sarasota and you're welcome to plug in at our place (we're not far from I-75) if you need to top off.

14. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

I believe that last year Warren brought both of his cars to the Temple Terrace event. Maybe he'll do the same this year.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

When your plans are firmed up those who plan on attending the event please shoot me an email at [email protected]. Let me know if you would like to join us in our post-event EV rally to the Beachhouse restaurant.

Larry

Attached Files:

15. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

16. Madartist

Madartist Member

My wife and I will be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone (again)! :big smile:

17. MissErol

MissErol Model S #9221

Hey Steve, glad to hear the two of you will be there. See you next week.

18. First Impression

First Impression Local Vendor - Florida

Serving Tampa, Sarasota & Southwest Florida
    #18 First Impression, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    National Plug In Day event in Sarasota today Sep. 29th 2013

First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thanks Nigel and Larry for making this event possible and for allowing me to display their cars.. My detail studio was one of the sponsors for this great and fun event where I was introduced to some really nice people (more Tesla owners :smile:)

Attached Files:

19. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#19 NigelM, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    Huge thanks to everyone who took part! We estimate over 500 visitors, numerous EV's (~45) including 12 Model S and lots of fun with vendors, sponsors and drivers. David from Tesla was doing Ride & Drives in Model S and that was definitely the hit of the day, even the Chair of Sarasota County Commission took a ride and was still grinning and talking about it her speech. Lots of press and 3 TV stations! :-D

Photos: http://galleries.heraldtribune.com/default.aspx?id=365148#/0

20. BobHodgen

BobHodgen Member

We had a great time yesterday. Thanks Nigel, Larry and Mote Marine!

IMG_3384.jpg