Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Plug-in Day Normal IL (SUPERCHARGER TOWN)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normal IL Will be having a Plug-in day on September 28th from 11am-3pm. Please Message me if you would be interested in bringing your Tesla. We could really use a cool slick electric car, compared to the hundereds of MiEv's we have.

Normal's Electric history:
It all starts with the early 1900's. Normal was the premier town for electric cars. Everyone had one, it was the normal thing to buy. This continued all the way up till the Model T of course. The deep history continues... In 1957 Eureka Williams company started manufacturing the Henney Kilowatt. An all electric sedan with an average price tag with an impressive range of 60 miles and top speed of 60 miles an hour. It was said that there was 50-100-200 cars produced, range of different sources, and only 2 are known to exist. That car has a deep history with my family personally, as I found out about 2 weeks ago. My great grandfather owned one, we don't know what happened to it. Obviously the electric car fever was passed down to me. EVTown was founded with a partnership between the city and Mitsubishi to accelerate EV adoption. Since then we have over 400 electric cars registered in the twin cities of about 125,000 people.

Please message me if you have the time to participate in this event or My other event (See Electric car and Sustainability Event thread)
Thanks,
Christian Prenzler

EDIT: Bump

Last edited:
Unfortunately I won't have an EV to show off. But I've already booked my trip on Amtrak and will be staying at the Marriott for the event weekend. Just went to Tesla St Louis service center location today for some video. Didn't make it before closing time.

Hopefully tomorrow will have a decent amount of cars. I'd guess all the owners must be local. I'm not seeing any Model S at the superchargers. Only a city owned i-MiEV is charging at one of the Eaton Level 2 chargers tonight. Other two city owned i-MiEV are on Level 4 of the Uptown garage.