Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav 8.0 - UI not made for driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me struggling with Tunein podcasts ALL THE TIME? None of them work without reloading 3 times and even then, works for 10 minutes and jumps back in time or fails. TED talks for example are so painful that I don't want to listen to them any more...

EM has committed to ship v8.1 this month and is on the record that the s/w development teams are working seven days a week. A deadline from the CEO in the holiday season is not the best way to develop quality software that is well tested and ready for general distribution. None the less we can probably expect to see an update pushed out before New Years, ready or not.

v8.1 will probably have something useful for the AP2 cars which currently have less functionality than the AP1 cars, but what about the rest of us who will gain no benefit from the AP2 features, but would like to see some of the v8.0 regression corrected?

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me. So the burning question is, who wants to be the beta tester to find out of v8.1 will actually correct some of the problems of v8.0, or will it's lack of testing and rush to fulfill EM's commitment be even further regression for the AP1 cars? I for one plan to not install v8.1 until there is clear evidence that it resolves more issues than it creates.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I'm very surprised the the OP did not mention the delayed voice prompts when using navigation, they are MUCH too late to enable you to make anything close to a safe turn/ maneuver to continue on your route, so I have to be much more proactive in constantly checking the screen for what my next turn will be. It is sad that Tesla is such an advanced company/vehicle and yet the voice commands on the NAV are worse than those on my 4 year old TomTom