Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav keeps deleting my recent address list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
March 2018 Model S100D with MCU2 and FSD chip

This problem has persisted for months through multiple software updates and through the FSD chip upgrade. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to when it happens, but it seems to happen about once a day on average. I have done multiple power off cycles (both types) and sometimes the addresses actually survive the power off cycle, while other times they do not. Sometimes the list of addresses will disappear if I even stop the car for 1-2 minutes and other times the addresses remain even after the car has been parked for over 24 hours.

Anyways, I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this problem and/or has a solution. I've asked at 2 recent service center visits (for other things) and they couldn't seem to figure it out. It's maddening to have to type in or dictate the same addresses over and over again in my local area, and it's very inconvenient when it randomly happens on a road trip (sometimes I have multiple things I want to see in a city I'm not familiar with and I enter the addresses in all at once only to have them deleted by the Nav). I've even tried using the "Home" and "Work" addresses for the two places I visit most frequently, but those get wiped as well so it's no use.