TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Nav Location Issue with 8.0

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mike K, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Mike K

Mike K Member

So with previous versions you used to be able to search destinations by keyword in a map area of your choosing. So if I was in Hollywood and meeting a customer in Orange County I could move the map to that area, search for a Starbucks and then find all the Starbucks around them.

With 8.0 if I move the map to another area and then search for something it automatically reverts back to my current location and just shows me results around me.

It seems like a simple oversight but it drastically reduces the functionality of the navigation system for me. Now I have to find a place on my phone and then punch the address in on the car.

Am I just doing it wrong or are others noticing this as well?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Really? I was not aware of that feature.

3. msnow

msnow Active Member

It works in 8.0 maybe even better than 7.x. I use a different method than you but I just validated that it works. Examples:
    "Navigate to Starbucks in Hollywood" shows me a long list of Starbucks in Hollywood and West Hollywood, CA.
    "Navigate to restaurants in Santa Ana" shows a long list of restaurants in Santa Ana, CA.
    "Navigate to restaurants near me" shows restaurants near my GPS location.

I use the third method a lot while driving along a route or when reaching a destination. I use the first two if I'm planning to meet people at a restaurant (or anything for that matter) that is not near my current location. Even with 7.x I was never able to move the map and search a specific area. It would always revert to my actual GPS location so I discovered this method which works quite well.

• Informative x 1
  4. john01

john01 Member

Another navigation glitch in 8.0
    You used to say call "a certain person" their phone contact info and address would appear. Then you would select the address and automatically nav would open and route you to that address. That feature was removed.

New feature while driving a highway speed you can select phone from the top menu. Select by alpha the person whose address you want navigate too, then select their address. All the while your driving at highway speed.