Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav/Map update EU-2022.12-13877

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslafi shows one car installed map version EU-2022.12-13877 on Sunday 1 May. Only one car so far, and other cars continue to get EU-2021.8-12875, so I'm guessing it's just a test, for now. Still, looks like we have new EU maps incoming 🤞

Unfortunately the mods moved the above post to the 2022.12.x firmware thread so its been lost.

Too useful a piece of information not to highlight and will surely have lengthy discussions so I have restarted its own thread again. Hopefully this one will not get moved...

Map update progress can be found a bit further down this page. More than just the one car now.

1651593791348.png

Thanks @VanillaAir_UK . I messed up the thread title which is probably why it got mistaken for a post about firmware. (I had pasted the map version number into the subject field, intending to edit it into a proper subject line before submitting the post, but then forgot...)

Someone in the Tesla Owners Club group is reporting that firmware updates and map updates have been paused in Europe pending the deployment of a high priority fix to disable automatic merging and exiting from motorways which has been determined to break UN/ECE rules.

tbh I didn't even know those features existed in the UK. (N.B. this is not talking about automatic lane change, which is unaffected, apparently.)

Reactions: CMc1
Someone in the Tesla Owners Club group is reporting that firmware updates and map updates have been paused in Europe pending the deployment of a high priority fix to disable automatic merging and exiting from motorways which has been determined to break UN/ECE rules.

tbh I didn't even know those features existed in the UK. (N.B. this is not talking about automatic lane change, which is unaffected, apparently.)

The guys on here some where, but not everything he says seems to be accurate. There was a story, first seen on a Canadian website I think, along the lines of "breaking news... Tesla suspends deliveries in Europe because of illegal software" which was repeated and embelished. If you follow the shipping thread you'd know there are no deliveries at the moment anyway, and secondly, surely if the software was illegal it would affect existing cars

Can't believe the map is still bundled with firmwares
Are you sure they are? Yhey didn't used to be. Only time I've seen a link was when a software update required some map data before it could be activated until the maps were updated but that was a different update.

There was a story, first seen on a Canadian website I think, along the lines of "breaking news... Tesla suspends deliveries in Europe because of illegal software" which was repeated and embelished. If you follow the shipping thread you'd know there are no deliveries at the moment anyway, and secondly, surely if the software was illegal it would affect existing cars
Yup, saw that. Existing cars will obviously be fixed by an OTA recall (aka software update). But entirely possible that they're not allowed to sell new cars with knowingly non-compliant software, and have to pause deliveries until the software update is available. But that's just guesswork.

Yup, saw that. Existing cars will obviously be fixed by an OTA recall (aka software update). But entirely possible that they're not allowed to sell new cars with knowingly non-compliant software, and have to pause deliveries until the software update is available. But that's just guesswork.
If this is the situation it may explain why I was only given 29 & 30 June as collection date options (giving themselves as much time as possible prior to end of quarter). If EAP causes an issue, I would happily pay for it and collect our car without knowing it will be added later when the software update is ready.

Could be something in that but it seemed like a throwaway comment that’s been turned into something bigger than it was. They quote unnamed sources and then the internet ends up quoting other websites as further support when they were seeded by the same rumour and before you know it, it’s become the truth!

I come back to Tesla haven’t cars to deliver at the moment, if they need a new build they’ve plenty of time to do that before they arrive, if cars need an update then they can push that out in much less than a week once the cars have landed and if they weren’t allowed to let people drive away then they can still just disable EAP until the update is downloaded.

The actual fault also looks a little odd, not allowing merge at junctions, I had EAP on my previous car and never came across that as a feature.