Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav/Map update EU-2022.12-13877

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This in practice turns out to be incredibly annoying, as it won't even allow you to set TACC at even 1mph above the HGV limit (which is 10mph slower than the speed limit for everyone else). Was my number 1 frustration while driving in Scotland last year.
Mine does, i used it last week, autosteer restricts itself to the lorry speed limit though but TACC will happily plod along at any speed you choose

Not off to a good start with new Nav and FSD.

Twice it has said we're approaching a junction and gone ballistic when I had right of way.

I suspect it's fallen for "when the road name continues, that's the primary route".

I guess that works well when your road network is <100 years old.

I’m not aware of FSD or even AP being aware of T junctions to the point that it’ll stop for them. It ought to stop at traffic lights, if not prompted to continue by pressing the accelerator.

Using AP off of qualified roads (DCs and motorways) is quite a risky proposition. It will drive to the centre of the road which is often not the best positioning, nor will it handle fast turns well, aborting mid turn if it goes beyond UNECE Autosteer limits.

I’m not aware of FSD or even AP being aware of T junctions to the point that it’ll stop for them. It ought to stop at traffic lights, if not prompted to continue by pressing the accelerator.

Using AP off of qualified roads (DCs and motorways) is quite a risky proposition. It will drive to the centre of the road which is often not the best positioning, nor will it handle fast turns well, aborting mid turn if it goes beyond UNECE Autosteer limits.
You'll see "stopping for junction in X feet" on a straight uninterrupted road.

Mine stops at junctions in TACC and AP. Might be an FSD thing

By hotspot.
Directly by WiFi was worst.

Attachments

• 20220615_172334.jpg
    20220615_172334.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20220615-172551_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-172551_Gallery.jpg
    501.7 KB · Views: 68