Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav on AP - possible bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night took a trip with couple of friends. I demoed them the EAP and Nav on AP. One of the friends did not put pressure on steering wheel while on freeway and using Nav on AP. So car disabled the AutoSteer for the trip. All good, he took over and started driving on his own.

When we came to the exit, we were in exit lane, approaching off ramp. Car suddenly started accelerating. Went to 71 from 55. He showed me as well then pumped brakes.

Any one else experienced this?

I noticed car accelerates (or goes faster than I would) when it auto changes the lane for off ramp but this time it was not on AP or Nav On AP.

I took delivery a month ago. I have 2018 MX 75D.

Last night took a trip with couple of friends. I demoed them the EAP and Nav on AP. One of the friends did not put pressure on steering wheel while on freeway and using Nav on AP. So car disabled the AutoSteer for the trip. All good, he took over and started driving on his own.

When we came to the exit, we were in exit lane, approaching off ramp. Car suddenly started accelerating. Went to 71 from 55. He showed me as well then pumped brakes.

Any one else experienced this?

I noticed car accelerates (or goes faster than I would) when it auto changes the lane for off ramp but this time it was not on AP or Nav On AP.

I took delivery a month ago. I have 2018 MX 75D.

What was the cruise set at?

Not sure this is what happened but I’ve seen people forget the cruise is set to say 75mph, then when a car in front clears and it empties out or you change into an empty lane the car accelerates.

Reactions: TechVP and jboy210