TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nav on Autopilot arrives in Switzerland

Discussion in 'Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerlan' started by aagosh, May 31, 2019.

1. aagosh

aagosh Member

Lane change on NoAP is much smoother though. It's not subjected to 5 second limitation under NoAP active.

2. totteraptor

totteraptor Member

In Switzerland the law forbids that the car initiates a lane change on its own. Hence NoA is not really working here - big disappointment for me after getting my M3.

3. gde_eu

gde_eu Member

Yes, it's a pity but I probably don't want to use it as it is now. The car want to change lane all the time for no reason (I spend more time cancelling the lane change that accepting) and it failed most of the time to detect work zone and keep wanting to change lane to go "back on the road".

I almost never use NOA and definitely not with auto lane change if it were allowed. It only useful when you have to navigate a complex highway interchange.

That said, the 5 seconds limit is dangerous as it switch back sharply on the previous lane if the time expire and the lane change is not "nervous" enough for most of our traffic conditions.